cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I made a boo boo

I put the wrong label on the wrong packages so two of my things went to the wrong people.  Both customers have received the packages.   What is the best way to get new labels to them or should they send them back to me so I can reship?   

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I made a boo boo

Contact both with the look of a whipped puppy. Get both to agree to you sending each the correct label and you give them a huge discount. 

Been there done it one time and both agreed I avoided total refunds and bad feedback.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yeah thats what I was thinking.  Luckily the first person was not mad at all.  Not sure on the other one but he didn't seem to be.   I am going in.  🙂

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@iwaroaddog wrote:

I put the wrong label on the wrong packages so two of my things went to the wrong people.  Both customers have received the packages.   What is the best way to get new labels to them or should they send them back to me so I can reship?   

It depends on the tone of the 2 buyers. I had a few similar situations years ago and the buyers mailed each other their pkgs and I reimbursed them by refunding part of their original purchase.

But this isn't to say all will be honest enough to do this. Go by your instinct. It sounds like you have a good one.

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

In the return I give them each others address.

Saves time, trips and money.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes, that happened to me. Other buyer agreed, we sent each other our package, and seller was very grateful. Three happy people!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Some good advice already.

What I will ask is this - What cause this boo-boo (be honest with your self) and what changes will you make in your "process" to insure that this kind of bob boo doesn't happen again?

If you are able to start a new process you probably will be OK.  Those that just tell themselves, "I'll do better next time," often are doomed to repeat the mistake.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply