cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn’t get back my sold Item.

Hello, 

In August’19 I made registration and sold Watch Winder, £1400. I am living in UK, Buyer in USA. After a short conversation Buyer decided to refund the Item. eBay a very quickly refunded payment to Buyer. After that Buyer stopped answer on my private emails and through eBay. eBay want from me approximately £1600 but I didn’t get my Item back.

IMPORTANT: Buyer found my Item on website chrono24.com get a full information from me, paid but after he asked to reduce price on the paper because he doesn’t want to pay high USA taxes. I answered that I can’t to do this and cancelled deal. He get payment back and asked me about my private email. He promised never make ILLEGAL offer and asked me to sell the Item on eBay. 

Before ebay refunded the payment to Buyer I informed them about ILLEGAL offer on a different website and strange Buyer’s behaviour. They didn’t answered me. Now eBay close my case, asking £1600 and just give advice to contact Buyer by myself. What I can to do? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Your post makes no sense. I am assuming that you sold the item on ebay. Was a case opened? If so, why? Did you respond to the case? Why did ebay refund the buyer before your item was returned? Keep the answers simple. 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Your post is also confusing to me too.  Just keep it simple and what happened on and with eBay.  Stick with eBay and report the buyer for trying to sell or buy off eBay. Only message them threw eBay to be covered. If it's expensivse item have it insured and signature required.

Site note: Once sold a sunvisor for an old Chevy Caprice. Buyer wanted to return it for no reason. So they forced me to take it back. I got $15 ish 6 pack of California made lolly pops.  Not what I sent out. Had to fight eBay.  Me a member since the early 2000's.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply