cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer indecisive about return

So  I sold an item first time seller here, my buyer claims the item is not as described sent be  photos that show smudges and a label tear that aren't in my photos.  I told him I can do a return for a refund.  A few messages later he is asking for either a return  refund or a partial refund.  I sent  mmsg trying to clarify  whether he wanted a refund or a partial all ingot was yes....  Each time I asked what he wanted he answers with a question or won't make a decision on which option he wants.  Any Suggestions. He has not left feedback made a claim or  filed for return. I'm at a loss. I have already paid fees and dos to all third parties. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You were correct to offer a refund upon return. Follow through if the buyer requests it. You've done your part... good work!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Return for refund and repeat, do not offer partial, far to many doing this and just encourages bad buyers, return each & every time.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If it's not much just send a refund. Then it's over. I like them to normally send it back but if worth more then the shipping back.

I done refund minus shipping before and didn't have an issue. Limit messages as that is creating tensions, it seems. Sometimes I have just ignored the crazies and nothing happened.

Let them open a case ( without telling them about opening one or how to) then just refund them. Your not fined for closing cases they opened. As long as eBay doesn't get involved in the case via deciding.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply