cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change to 4” by 6” for printing labels 2022

This is my first post on eBay so be gentle lol.

I did some Googling and can’t figure out how to change the shipping label to 4 by 6 for thermal printing.

I need to know what exact page I go to and how to change the settings.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: How to change to 4” by 6” for printing labels 2022

I don't believe you have a settings page for that (I'd love to be corrected on that point).

For the past few days, the labels are being printed TWO to a page (in landscape mode) and I cannot seem to find anywhere to change that to 1 per page (in portrait mode) which was the default setting before. Once you get the 1 per page, you can set your printer preferences (on the print dialog on Windows) to your thermal printer. Your printer will either be pre-configured to use 4 x 6 OR you need to set the print stock dimensions to 4 x 6.

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

On the create label page, look to the right and click on Show More.  You will see the current label format.  Click on Change and select the 4"x6" format.

Best to make sure your browser is set to open PDF files with Adobe and not its built in reader, especially for

thermal printers.

When the label preview opens, select the Target Printer.  Adobe print options should be set to Actual Size and Auto Orientation.  Also some printers (like the Dymo 4XL) require you to check the box for “Choose paper source by PDF page size”, to fully fill out the label.

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

It is very simple.  When you go to purchase labels, simply click on "show more" you will see option on label size.  Attaching what it looks like (look on bottom far right)Capture.JPG

When you choose "change" it will look like below.  Simply choose 4 x 6

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Hello,

Does anybody know how we could save these preferences, so we don't have to manually select the 4" x 6" option each time we print a label?

Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

These settings are saved.  It is just a glitch when ebay updates sometimes reset one of them.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Mine is still glitched.  I have to select it every time.  

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

@meh-comics-collectibles  What setting is changing, the format or the Adobe setting?

What OS, browser, and printer model are you using?

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

PDF is selected but a size is not.  I have to click on 4x6 for every label.

I use Windows 11, Chrome and Edge, Dymo XL printer.  It has worked fine for months until a week ago.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

@meh-comics-collectibles  You should not have to select the 4x6 each time.  So for some reason the setting is not saving, but this only seems to be affecting a few users.

So either this is some glitch related just to your account, or there also is an odd old ebay glitch where a edit/save button doesn't work with a particular browser setting.  The latter you can test using a different browser like Firefox.  Otherwise, I would contact ebay with a private message here:

www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

or

www.twitter.com/eBayForBusiness

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Print format is no longer coming up for me and my 4x6 labels are printing sideways.  Help!

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

@murphy-sales  Do you not see the Show More option to the right of the create label page?  Or if you do, are you missing the current label format and CHANGE button at the bottom of the Show More window?  If so, clear you browser's cache to force a fresh page, or try a different browser like Firefox.

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

A lot of the answers say click on "Show More" to print to label printer, but there is NO "Show More" link. Where is the Show More link??????????????

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

You have to use a browser, not the Mobile App, to see the Show More to change the label format.

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Did anyone figure this out? I'm using a Demo label writer 4XL and I can't seem to get a full shipping label printed.  I followed all the steps and it's not printing right.  (small and wrong direction)  I don't see any "show more" option. I'm using a Mac (tried Safari and Chrome).

Message 15 of 38
latest reply