cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change Payment Method for Shipping Labels

Of course ebay forces sellers to switch to their much worse payment platform, but doesn't have the courtesy to automatically change the payments for shipping labels to be pulled from that same account. I've looked on here and google, and while I've seen several answers, none of them help. When I go to print a label, I don't have the option to choose the money from the buyer, and can't find where to change it in my seller settings. 

Can anyone help? 

Also, ebay, you're the worst. The absolute worst. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to Change Payment Method for Shipping Labels

@billbertgilbert 

When you go to buy a label, scroll down the page, on the left side, you can change how you want to pay for the label.

The default is Pay Pal, change it to pending funds.

Have a great day.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@billbertgilbert 

When you go to buy a label, scroll down the page, on the left side, you can change how you want to pay for the label.

The default is Pay Pal, change it to pending funds.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

That option doesn't show up on my page.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Nevermind, its because I was doing an international shipment. I see it on domestic. Thank you Ken. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Hello. It only works for USPS shipping. I need to use Fedex more to ship and there is no option to have shipping label costs for Fedex removed from pending payment. Terrible system. Not every seller uses USPS for all shipping needs. I prefer the old system.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Fedex and UPS are not charged to you until they are delivered so they automatically use either your pending payments or your payment funding source.    eBay standard international delivery works in a similar way except that the seller is charged when the package reaches the US processing depot.

On the old system you were charged on your ebay invoice for UPS, Fedex or ebay international standard..it was never taken when you printed the label.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Every time I go to print a label it's different. I want the label to be taken out of pending payouts. Sometimes it gives me a choice. Today it says 

"Automatic PayPal payments for USPS services have been set up. We'll charge you after the shipping labels are printed."

However, I did not request this. I usually see the option to choose - not today. I am doing bulk labels today and the option usually comes up.  I have looked everywhere to see where I can change this permanently but cannot find it. 

Very frustrating.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

OK, so when I hit the purchase labels button after that "Automatic PayPal ...." message, THEN the option to choose PayPal or Pending Payouts appears. Very confusing! Not at ALL clear. The first message makes it sound like only PayPal is an option since it has "been set up" and it doesn't indicate that I will have a choice on the next page. Not sure why it needs to be so ambiguous.  I just want them to stop changing things ALL THE TIME. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

This is happening to me today also, thought I was going crazy!!!! I haven't used PayPal since they switched me to managed payments. I was afraid to "continue" because I don't want to pay thru PayPal. Ugh, another glitchy day on ebay, what else is new!!!!

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I'm wondering if it has to do with the amount of pending payout money you have / how many payments have actually been processed. I have this issue only with bulk label printing right now, but I am still given an option if I print labels individually. If my assumption is correct, the developers should give you a notice about why the default method has changed, not just do it automatically without warning, as it is easy to overlook that it was switched.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Hi, The system is using my personal PayPal account to purchase the labels, when there is no money in ManagePayments. How can I change the PayPal account to my Business PayPal account? Thanks. 🙂

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@tondrainnovation wrote:

Hi, The system is using my personal PayPal account to purchase the labels, when there is no money in ManagePayments. How can I change the PayPal account to my Business PayPal account? Thanks. 🙂

It's generally better to start a new discussion because the mods lock the old ones and your issue easily gets lost when people start replying to the original poster's old issue @tondrainnovation.

Go to your personal PayPal account and de-authorize eBay.

• Click on the gear icon at the top right of your PayPal summary page.
  • Click on Payments in the secondary menu bar.
  • Edit automatic payments.
  • Click eBay Shipping on the left.
  • Click the cancel button.

Then the next time you purchase a shipping label it should prompt you to log in to PayPal to re-verify, at which point you can connect a different PayPal account. Please let us know what happens.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Sometimes that option is not there! I use an iPhone 7 sometimes I can change it but most of the time I have to use my parents computer and can always change it on their computer 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Hi this is happening to me also. I called Paypal and they do not see anything on their side. eBay has my business account for shipping charges but it has been taking out of my personal account. Anyone with a solution? Thanks!

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@billbertgilbert wrote:

Of course ebay forces sellers to switch to their much worse payment platform, but doesn't have the courtesy to automatically change the payments for shipping labels to be pulled from that same account. I've looked on here and google, and while I've seen several answers, none of them help. When I go to print a label, I don't have the option to choose the money from the buyer, and can't find where to change it in my seller settings. 

Can anyone help? 

Also, ebay, you're the worst. The absolute worst. 

Use Pirate Ship and pay for shipping with a 2% cash back credit card. Win-win.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply