cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times has the USPS lost your package?

This year I stand at three items lost. That's too many lost packages. I got refunded for one package, the second one I lost money cause package said delivered, but it wasn't delivered to my mailbox and mailman doesn;t recall any package, yet the package was scanned as delivered, so in the end, I get no package and lose my money. Now I have a third item that is lost. This has become a new problem. I never had packages before get lost until this year. Now I don;t even wanna buy anymore and then sit around waiting for it to come and it never does.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: How many times has the USPS lost your package?

been around 3 since 1998 I have been lucky and I have bigger Id here sell $50.000 a year 

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

None as a seller, none as a buyer, total of about 1500 transactions.
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

one as a buyer. when it finally arrived, it turns out the seller put the label over a corner, and part of the address (the line with city, state and zip) was rubbed off as a result.

I emailed the seller, who was perhaps the most unpleasant person I've met on ebay. she threatened to sue me in civil court and to spread my personal paypal details and contact info on social media and encourage people to harass me.

ebay refused to do anything. 

i sent the seller a picture of the package and she said the post office must have taken off her label and moved it!

so, one package missing for a month before being delivered, definitely not the USPS's fault.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

0 lost out of maybe 1k in 20 years of buying

2 (allegedly) lost out of 4k shipped as a seller (non eBay)

97% or so of the above were USPS shipments, and the 2 lost ones (out of the approx 6.5k total) were USPS packages.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

(this part somehow didn't post)

0 lost out of 1.5k a an eBay seller
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Roughly 1000 packages shipped none lost, one delayed, none damaged.

Received over 1000 (probably), none lost, couple delayed due to long undisclosed handling times, one damaged due to very poor packing. 

I'd say that if this is becoming a issue it maybe time to get a security camera, if they are disappearing from your porch or mailbox.  Or place a Hold For Pick-up order with your Post Office. They will then just deliver a notice and you will collect the packages from the Post Office.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Had  two lost  packages in 6+ on eBay years - 1437 packages shipped and countless number shipped over a lifetime (been around for 7 decades and1+ years) for  personal (Christmas, B Days or whatever).  Both  packages got  lost inside the USPS sort facility in Jamacia, NY and never  came out (hmmm) -  domestic  US shipments at different times.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@7198dave wrote:

This year I stand at three items lost. That's too many lost packages. I got refunded for one package, the second one I lost money cause package said delivered, but it wasn't delivered to my mailbox and mailman doesn;t recall any package, yet the package was scanned as delivered, so in the end, I get no package and lose my money. Now I have a third item that is lost. This has become a new problem. I never had packages before get lost until this year. Now I don;t even wanna buy anymore and then sit around waiting for it to come and it never does.

Zero packages lost since I started selling in 1999.  USPS works great for me.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

mick9345
Pathfinder

I've been on eBay since 1999 and have not lost a package as seller as buyer. 

However as a buyer on other sites (mostly Amazon, but a few others) I have a loss rate approaching 20%. 

My "received damaged" rate is around 20% also for all online shopping - and that includes receiveing packages at 6 addresses in 4 different states. Total package volume is ~600 items. All damage has been a result of UPS and all losses have been a result of USPS. 

I guess it's the nature of the beast. If you're a shipper you need to make sure your package can be thrown across the garage or dropped off the roof onto concrete - because it will happen. 

As a buyer and as a seller I've filed 3 seperate claims with UPS for damage. Gave up on each of them after 6 months. 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

DAVE..

It sounds to me as  though   something  has changed in  your neighborhood.  Somebody new moved in?   Or  some kids have suddenly  gotten the bright idea of  stealing packages left outside  people's doors?

Well it is  certainly  going to be inconvenient for you.  But you may have open a box  at your PO.  Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

As a seller, none in six years.  There is one recent package that seems to have fallen off USPS's Tracking but it has never been marked as lost.

As a buyer for sixteen years, about half a dozen packages have not turned up.....however, this is NOT due to USPS incompetance.  It's my fault for purchasing China Cheapies--that's always a calculated risk, like betting on horses or playing the slots.  China sellers don't always ship.  And I've learned never ever to believe their offer to "re-send"  Not only is that a lie; it's not even a word.

One more however:  a year or so ago, a mentally disturbed neighbor began stealing from every mailbox up and down the street.  This was really annoying and was reported to the postal inspector since mail theft is a federal crime.  We all got our stuff back and the neighbor learned to keep her hands to herself.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

As a seller there have been only a few in 16 yrs selling. On your delivered package there is the possibility of theft? 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

None as a seller or buyer-always gotten great service out of USPS.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Been selling "mail order" - offline and online - since the early 1980s. Number of items lost - zero.

As a buyer during that same timeframe, number of items lost - zero by USPS and Fedex, one by UPS.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 15 of 20
latest reply