cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you deal with a buyer who is out of their mind and lying through their teeth?

This is a case that was opened for a facial serum. Product had a 14 day return policy and the buyer opened this case 23 days after they received it. I feel like I'm talking to a crazy person...

ebay.jpg

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: How do you deal with a buyer who is out of their mind and lying through their teeth?

I understand the return process perfectly... From previous and very extensive experience, I know for sure that kind of **bleep** will turn into a defect that will screw with my percentages. If this case would be just a simple return dues to "changed mind" then it wouldn't count and buyer would be responsible for shipping it back. I have had prior cases with "not as described" as the reason and accepting them counted as defects.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Re: How do you deal with a buyer who is out of their mind and lying through their teeth?

There are only 2 types of defects a seller can basically get (besides late shipping):

Out of stock

Case closed without seller resolution 

So which type of defect did you get from accepting a NAD return? 

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@herbalini wrote:

" "If I accept the return right now, it'll count negatively towards my account."

No it won't. "

Yes, it will because it counts it as a defect.

Nope, not a defect as long as you accept the return. If you follow the CS advice it WILL be a defect because you cannot win this case.

I know it is frustrating, but you have to accept the loss and move on. I've had three false SNAD cases in the past year.  It's just part of doing business on here. It is no longer a defect. I though the same thing when I first came back after being away a few years. 

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@herbalini wrote:

I understand the return process perfectly... From previous and very extensive experience, I know for sure that kind of **bleep** will turn into a defect that will screw with my percentages. If this case would be just a simple return dues to "changed mind" then it wouldn't count and buyer would be responsible for shipping it back. I have had prior cases with "not as described" as the reason and accepting them counted as defects.

How long ago was your other experience?  Opened cases used to count they don't now. If you follow the customer service advice I almost guarantee a defect and possible a refund without the buyer having to return.   Accept the return provide shipping label and you don't get a defect.  The buyer has five days to return after that point 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Returns, regardless of the reason, are not counted as defects as long as you, the seller, resolve it.   Policy changed in 2016.

If you don't believe us, here it is straight from the horse's mouth:

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2015/seller-standards.html

Message 20 of 20
latest reply