cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you deal with a buyer who is out of their mind and lying through their teeth?

This is a case that was opened for a facial serum. Product had a 14 day return policy and the buyer opened this case 23 days after they received it. I feel like I'm talking to a crazy person...

ebay.jpg

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: How do you deal with a buyer who is out of their mind and lying through their teeth?

Click Accept the return, then on the next page, issue a return shipping label.

If your buyer is able to reach the ask eBay to step in button before you do, you will get the worst defect.

But if your buyer never mails the item, you can call after 5 business days to have the case closed in your favor.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Re: How do you deal with a buyer who is out of their mind and lying through their teeth?

I'm aware of how to use the return function, but that is not the point. Buyer destroyed my product and now claims that she got it like that.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much talking.

"I'm sorry you're not happy with <insert product>. Please return it for a full refund. " Accept the return. Period, the end.   They'll either return it, or they won't. If they're fishing for a partial discount, they'll move on.

Never, ever engage in a back-and-forth with the buyer. Nothing good ever comes of it.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Your right, my left.

That should've said: If your buyer is able to reach the Ask eBay to step in button before you click Accept the return, you will get the worst defect. 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

What does your return policy have to do with this? Your return policy covers buyers remorse. This is an SNAD request so your return policy is irrelevant, the buyer has 30 days to open an snad request. You have no proof the buyer is lying and you cannot prove the condition of the item when the buyer received it so either accept the return and pay for return shipping or refund the buyer and let her keep the item.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I wouldn't mind accepting the return, but she's claiming it as an "item not as described" and that will already go in my metrics as a "defect" even if I accept it. Also, why am I supposed to pay for her return shipping label if she's clearly lying?

I spoke to an eBay rep and they said to wait untill the 22nd and then they can escalate the case.... to me that means " wait untill your buyer is able to screw you even more".

If I accept the return right now, then I'm out of a product, shipping charges and it'll count negatively towards my account.

Seems like there's no win in this situation and no matter what I do I'll still get screwed over. 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

There's nothing wrong with the product she received. She destroyed the packaging and claims that it's expired. I have a case full of the same product with a purchase order from the manufacturer and all of them are fresh, fully in tact and not expired.
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

"If I accept the return right now, it'll count negatively towards my account."

No it won't.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

You don't get a defect if you accept the return.

Thought you said you understood the returns process?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

" "If I accept the return right now, it'll count negatively towards my account."

No it won't. "

Yes, it will because it counts it as a defect.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

"You don't get a defect if you accept the return.

Thought you said you understood the returns process?"

It's not a "return" it's an "item not as described" case.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@herbalini wrote:

" "If I accept the return right now, it'll count negatively towards my account."

No it won't. "

Yes, it will because it counts it as a defect.

Ok...have it your own way.

As another poster also mentioned..."thought you knew how SNAD claims work".

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@herbalini wrote:

Thought you said you understood the returns process?

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

That still doesn't count as a defect.  

Message 15 of 20
latest reply