cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Use An Ebay Envelope?

I tried to pay for an EBAY Envelope, but Ebay shipping would not allow me to click on this new option.  Supposedly, anything that will fit in an Ebay Envelope can be shipped inexpensively using this option.  When I went to click on this option, it simply said No.  Where do we stand on this issue at this time?  Ebay said it would be a label with tracking.  Please let me know because this option would be good for some of the items that I would like to ship.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How To Use An Ebay Envelope?

@the-box-girl wrote:

I tried to pay for an EBAY Envelope, but Ebay shipping would not allow me to click on this new option.  Supposedly, anything that will fit in an Ebay Envelope can be shipped inexpensively using this option.  When I went to click on this option, it simply said No.  Where do we stand on this issue at this time?  Ebay said it would be a label with tracking.  Please let me know because this option would be good for some of the items that I would like to ship.

@the-box-girl  eBay Standard Envelope is only available for trading cards, coins & paper money, postcards and stamps, with other criteria and restrictions such as weight and value.

Details here:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-standard-envelope.html#category-details-and-restr...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@the-box-girl 

That is available for certain items only.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I originally saw that playing card restriction.  However, later I went into Ebay and they said, I thought, that you could send anything that you could get into an Ebay envelope that would meet the size requirements.  Am I reading this wrong?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@the-box-girl wrote:

I originally saw that playing card restriction.  However, later I went into Ebay and they said, I thought, that you could send anything that you could get into an Ebay envelope that would meet the size requirements.  Am I reading this wrong?

@the-box-girl sorry, but that's not how it works.  The link above gives all the info.

It's not actually a specific "ebay envelope" it's a type of postage that can be used for specific items that qualify when shipped in an envelope that fits the specific size/rigidity requirements.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Here is a quote of exactly what the Ebay Team said " Any seller who sells items that can be shipped in an envelope and weigh under 3 oz. can save on postage and ship with confidence. "

Perhaps, if this is not the case, an adjusting in the official wording would be helpful.

Best Regards

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Pleas provide a link to this official wording. Perhaps it was in the context of a larger discussion which specified the eligible categories?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@the-box-girl wrote:

Here is a quote of exactly what the Ebay Team said " Any seller who sells items that can be shipped in an envelope and weigh under 3 oz. can save on postage and ship with confidence. "

Perhaps, if this is not the case, an adjusting in the official wording would be helpful.

Best Regards

@the-box-girl  I'm sorry, I don't know what to tell you without more information as far as the context of that quote.

All I can do is refer you to the link provided above which is eBay's official help page for Standard Envelope.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Here's a context for the quote, which was taken from the eBay Announcement on August 26 regarding the upcoming postage increase. It clearly mentions the eligible categories. But it is badly written, with that key information following an inappropriate generalization.  

" Any seller who sells items that can be shipped in an envelope and weigh under 3 oz. can save on postage and ship with confidence. Only available through eBay Labels, eBay standard envelope is ideal for raw Trading Cards, Coins & Paper Money, and Postcards and Stamps sellers. (See Category details and restrictions.)"

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Here's a context for the quote, which was taken from the eBay Announcement on August 26 regarding the upcoming postage increase. It clearly mentions the eligible categories. But it is badly written, with that key information following an inappropriate generalization.  

" Any seller who sells items that can be shipped in an envelope and weigh under 3 oz. can save on postage and ship with confidence. Only available through eBay Labels, eBay standard envelope is ideal for raw Trading Cards, Coins & Paper Money, and Postcards and Stamps sellers. (See Category details and restrictions.)"

Thanks @nobody*s_perfect  - I agree that isn't the best wording and can definitely see how it could lead to some confusion.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

ESEs were implemented to offset some of the shipping costs to shipping flat items such as trading cards, coins, post cards and the like to boost sales. The algorithm is what is stopping you from choosing this option. If in your description and recommended specifics you do not mention these items, it will not show the shipping option.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Ouch.  That's really poorly worded. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 12
latest reply