cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP on shipping: Unable to send item by courier

PLEASE NOTE:  I hope this is allowed but I've posted this message on the UK DB too and as the clock is ticking fast I'm desperate to get an answer.

I have a bag won by a buyer from Croatia.

I've just been to the post office to mail it but was told they  no longer ship to Croatia by courier (ie our version of EMS) and could only be sent by registered airmail.

The buyer already paid for the courier cost.

What can I do in this case?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: HELP on shipping: Unable to send item by courier

I'd also like to add that I've emailed the buyer already on the situation and am still waiting for a reply.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Simple. Contact the buyer and advise them that Courier delivery is no longer available to their country, only registered airmail. Ask buyer if that is satisfactory or do they wish to not proceed ie you cancel sale and refund money. If buyer is happy with registered airmail, post that way. Any excess shipping monies can easily be refunded through PayPal. Find the transaction in your PayPal account, click on refund and the alter the $$ refund amount to what you are sending back ie $13.25, put in the message section "refund of excess shipping charge for eBay no xyz.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks bron357,

Just to let you know that the buyer has gotten back to me and she doesn't mind my sending the item via registered airmail. She was pleased that I gave her options. Refund also agreed.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Will I be penalised for not shipping on time ie within 2 days of receiving payment?

As the item was supposed to reach the buyer within a few days by courier,  will I also be penalised by sending it via regular airmail thus shipping to take much longer (ie 10 days or more)?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply