cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground Advantage Ground to a snails pace

Delivered package to Post Office on Saturday the 6th of the month.  The estimated delivery date was the 10th. I went to check on items I had recently shipped and found that one of them wasn't going to be delivered until the 16th.  That is 10 days in transit... really?  That is horrible service for the kind of shipping rate we're paying.  I think Ground Advantage is grinding to a halt.      Another one had no tracking information since my local post office, so I wrote the buyer just to let them know that I was watching.  Then ten minutes later I get notice it was delivered.  This is getting incredibly awful.   Am I going to get dinged for a late shipment?  What about stuff that misses a birthday or special occasion that gets delivered a week later than the buyer was told it would.. They going to want to send that back and are we liable for return shipping if that is the case... they'll probably use another reason but if an item is over a week past the stated arrival time you can't blame them... but I don't want to pay for return shipping.   What we do? Quit selling?  Local auction costs way more but NO HEADACHES..

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ground Advantage Ground to a snails pace

It's very very slow here in Az. Average is 12 days or more for flats and up to 3 weeks shipping a tube, sometimes more. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

WOW that is horrible... and they are raising rates in July???? really sad service.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Some arears are slow, but I an having some GA gong to zone 8, from Southern CA to the East Coast being delivered in 3 days. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@dvgoldsales 

Unfortunately you will receive a ding if tracking does not show scanned within your stated handling time.

We know this because it happened to us. Items were dropped at post office, one package however did not show up scanned until several days later when it was out for delivery across the country! How does it not get even scanned at all that week?!

Currently we have one shipped yesterday morning still not showing a scan, though all the others do. It’s frustrating but a seller can only do what they can do.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Sometimes you get what you pay for...sure, it's cheaper to do the eBay shipping label and save some money.

I prefer to had a clerk my package and get a scan and a receipt from the USPS. The extra charge is worth it.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

From all the packages I've done, GA is faster than UPS Ground and cheaper.

On average GA gets delivered 1 day faster.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Sometimes you get what you pay for...sure, it's cheaper to do the eBay shipping label and save some money.

I prefer to had a clerk my package and get a scan and a receipt from the USPS. The extra charge is worth it.

You are figuring the label bought at the post office counter receives better overall service thru the postal system than a label purchased from eBay? Interesting........

I could not remotely imagine paying those prices consistenly as a avid shipper. 

Posting ID
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@dvgoldsales 

We see a lot of these similar posts. I ship ~5 days every week for eBay and AMZ orders. I have not had a significant delay since the holiday season of 2021 for USPS or UPS.  No INR's or not even an inquiry from a buyer asking where their order is.

I have seen a few that were 6 or 7 business days for delivery though they are few and far between and the buyers don't seem to have an issue.

Perhaps shipping out of DFW has an advantage,  I really dont know? I would though, venture to suggest that 95% of sellers don't have any issues with USPS or UPS.

Perhaps a helpful hint:

I send every buyer a note asap after they pay. Only 2 orders for today, 1 going USPS today and 1 going UPS Monday.

"Thank you for your purchase. UPS will pick up your order Monday. Best Regards,  ---  Me"

"Thank you for your purchase.  USPS will pick up your order today, Saturday.  Best Regards,  ----  Me"

That is all these buyers really care about, when is the item shipping. My phone, tablet or desktop does most of the typing for me after I have sent the same message several times, easy peasy.

Posting ID
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

We see a lot of these similar posts. I ship ~5 days every week for eBay and AMZ orders. I have not had a significant delay since the holiday season of 2021 for USPS or UPS.  No INR's or not even an inquiry from a buyer asking where their order is.

I have seen a few that were 6 or 7 business days for delivery though they are few and far between and the buyers don't seem to have an issue.

I only see those travel times occasionally on stuff that is going clear across the country to the opposite coast. Otherwise, I'm seeing consistent delivery times of 2-4 days from the East Coast.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

You can buy a USPS shipping label on eBay (getting the USPS commercial rate for your chosen service) and still go to the post office, hand them a package and get a receipt that proves you dropped it off at the post office. No need to ever pay USPS retail rates.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I print my labels through Pirate ship and have them all scanned in and weighed at the post office. Then my buyers know that their items are on the way.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Hi,  Ground Advantage shipping can also be very slow delivering from here in N.J.  But, I think that if you get an acceptance scan from your local P.O. within you handling time you are safe from a late shipping defect.  Before GA we mainly shipped U.S.P.S. 1st. class package & that was great.  Good Luck!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

what makes you think that I don't hand the clerk my packages I'm shipping with Ground Advantage? They scan it in right in front of me and give me a receipt.  I just pay less than you do I guess because I don't see any difference in what you're saying.  If you're shipping Priority mail and boxes are involved you'll see the difference in cost is considerable.  We are going to have to start limiting sales another way.  Can we do that on ebay yet... designate states we won't ship to ?   I won't ship to Alaska or Hawaii now and I'd love to cut out California.  They like to break stuff and the shipping is atrocious.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply