Global Shipping Buyer Issue

Hi, just received my first and last Global Shipping package 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Global Shipping Buyer Issue

Oops, so as you see, this Vivienne Westwood necklace was dropped in to a used baggie, then put in lightweight shipping paper from the £Store presumably.  I have tried to get anyone at Ebay to address the fact that this 8oz package incurred a cost of approximately US $19.  I am insulted that this seller did not think enough of me as a Customer to wrap the necklace in tissue, or put bubble wrap around it.  I cannot believe 

Sheffield Pitney-Bowes accepted this flimsy package, but they did. They might have done all the Customs stuff, but if so it is in code.  

So I just got one of those assinine emails telling me how I can return it and then get my money refunded.  That is not going to happen. A proper return that could be tracked to my Satisfaction is minimally USPS Global Priority, and those babies cost US $17 to send.

What I do want is someone at the Global Shipping Program to acknowledge that the packaging was unacceptable and that I should be entitled to some sort of refund, whether from the Seller, or Ebay or perhaps PayPal.  I doubt this will happen.

Issues: Seller never replied to my query on her shipping cost.  Lightbulb Moment: Oh, she went to the PO to mail this flimsy thing to the Sheffield Pitney Bowes Center. 

Question: Why didn't she just mail it to me here in Metro NY from her local PO?  

It would have cost less, and I would be a happy camper. Plus it would have been here sooner.  Answer: I will never know.

Issue: Pitney Bowes just took the $ from my Paypal account with a mere email stating: you have paid for International shipping!   Now I no longer buy jewelry from Asia because I had a fraudulent attempt to access $ from my checking account via "Paypal from China" that had absolutely no email or actual PayPal record. If I had not caught it, I would not be buying English jewelry, that's for sure.  But can I try to ding P-B for allowing this carpy thing to go through?

I've had better packaged products from China for substantially less than I paid for this. 

I mourn my decision to stop buying from there.

Issue: No Negs Allowed! So item is OK,  but communication was zero and shipping a real rip-off. Do I leave a tepid Neutral?   

Just curious, how would you feel if you got a higher value piece of jewelery in a used baggie?  Insulted?  Aggravated?  Would you actually return the item and trust the untrustworthy Ebay & their Pitney Bowes partner to refund your Money?

Pretty sure I will never get any satisfaction on this. I hate to be had, but jeesh 7 ounces? 

My home phone rejects International Voip calls and robocalls, so Ebay cannot call me back, despite me demanding escalation.  I gave them Mr's cell  phone but I doubt they will call. (Get this great service for free on your landline at Nomorobo.com). I get no kickbacks, just really hate those calls.  Fee for cells

I must find a way to filter Global Shipping out of my searches.

thanks for reading

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

FYI, many times Pitney Bowes repackages an item before they send it on to the buyer. Also, the seller only ships to the PB hub; all additional fees are charged by PB and paid to them directly.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I am not an active Seller here and have only used GSP on the last batch of items that I listed.  The shipping was astronomical, more than the item itself and I even offered to ship it myself, however, the buyer never responded one way or another and that was that 😞

It is my understanding from other responders here that if a Seller uses GSP, the items are repacked at the center and then sent off to the destination country, so the shoddy packing could have come from the GSP center and not the seller.  From the photo above, I did not have the eBay branded info.  Had I shipped the package via GSP, it would have been in a Priority Mail package.  So not that I am taking sides with the seller, the repackaging could have been done by a Pitney Bowes/GSP employee and not the seller, which is why the Seller never responded.

Was the necklace damaged upon arrival?

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Buyers aren't required to pay return shipping shipping for SNAD items. Also, you should know that its fairly common for eBay's GSP to open and repackage items before they are shipped out to the buyer, very often resulting in a damaged/lost/missing pieces item. The last thing is eBay's GSP determines the shipping cost, not the seller. I don't recommend GSP for sellers or buyers, but sadly because eBay allows fraudulent returns to happen, no one sells internationally anymore.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I have tried to contact the seller, to see if he/she packaged the item this way. If Pitney Bowes did it like this and thought that was sufficient, well I am shocked. And I also doubt I will ever get any satisfaction from them. Thank you
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

No damage to the necklace, but Lysol was applied on arrival. Live and learn, and buyer beware I guess. Thanks
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I only sell for Charity, when my health is ok, but would never offer GSP. Again, live and learn. Thanks
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Hard to read, but here is the "helpful" advice from that ebay support team

Hello Denise, Good day! My name is Jen from eBay Customer Service and I am contacting you regarding the "Vivienne Westwood Orb Necklace" () you purchased from "". After checking your account I understand that you received the package damaged and you wanted to know who would be responsible for the damaged item, if it&rsquo;s the seller or the Global Shipping Center. As a buyer myself, I know that you want to get an immediate decision on this matter. Here at eBay, we always want our buyers to have a worthwhile shopping experience so rest assured that I will take responsibility of making sure your concern is resolved since this is my area of expertise. Before I proceed, I commend you for displaying your professionalism towards this transaction which only goes to show that you are a responsible buyer that&rsquo;s why I want to assure you that you&rsquo;re not at fault here. I want to assure you that situations like these are very few and far between on eBay, and this particular experience has been noted and will be dealt with accordingly. Denise, here's what you need to do to be covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee: 1. Find the item under My eBay and select Purchase history 2. Locate the item and select Return this item from the More actions drop down menu 3. Select the reason to return this item and include a message to the seller (optional) 4. Click Start return After you've opened the request, the seller has 3 business days to respond. Other than accepting your return request, a response could include any of the following: &bull; An offer of a partial refund &bull; A message &bull; A full refund &bull; An offer to send a replacement item If after 3 business days the seller hasn't replied or you have not been able to resolve the issue, you can ask eBay to step in. 1. In the Purchase history section of My eBay, find the item you have not received. 2. Click the See request details button (this might be under the link for More actions). 3. Choose the option that says Ask us to step in and help, then click Continue. 4. Select your reason for asking eBay to step in, and add any details that we might need to know when reviewing your case. 5. Click Ask us to step in. We will then review the case and decide on the best outcome within 48 hours. I highly recommend that as early as now, please make sure not to alter any part of the item and to take photos of the problem so that if we need any documentation you will be able to provide us with proof. This would help us provide a faster resolution after reviewing your case. I would also like to provide some tips on how you will be able to avoid this situation in the future and what actions can you do next. 1. Review the seller&rsquo;s feedback This is helpful for you to know their standing as a seller based on legitimate experiences from other buyers. You may be able to get insights in relation to your seller&rsquo;s past transactions and how they deal with their buyers. We recommend that you review their feedback before bidding on items a certain seller has listed. 2. Maintain an open communication with your seller I know that in most cases, buyers are very responsible enough in keeping a continuous communication with their sellers. Though some problems may possibly arise, such as sellers being unresponsive, another option that you have is by obtaining their contact details so that you can phone them directly. You may be able to do this by clicking the link below: http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9 Just to recap, please open a return request so that we can assist you in sending the item back and get a replacement or a full refund. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to be at your service and more importantly for choosing eBay as your platform for your online shopping endeavors. I hope you are well and I wish you all the best in your future transactions. Sincerely, Jenelyn N.eBay Customer Support [THREAD ID: 1-1PU7EE9J] Hello Denise, Good day! My name is Jen from eBay Customer Service and I am contacting you regarding the "Vivienne Westwood Orb Necklace" (142540360601) you purchased from " dawnperignon". After checking your account I understand that you received the package damaged and you wanted to know who would be responsible for the damaged item, if it&rsquo;s the seller or the Global Shipping Center. As a buyer myself, I know that you want to get an immediate decision on this matter. Here at eBay, we always want our buyers to have a worthwhile shopping experience so rest assured that I will take responsibility of making sure your concern is resolved since this is my area of expertise. Before I proceed, I commend you for displaying your professionalism towards this transaction which only goes to show that you are a responsible buyer that&rsquo;s why I want to assure you that you&rsquo;re not at fault here. I want to assure you that situations like these are very few and far between on eBay, and this particular experience has been noted and will be dealt with accordingly. Denise, here's what you need to do to be covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee: 1. Find the item under My eBay and select Purchase history 2. Locate the item and select Return this item from the More actions drop down menu 3. Select the reason to return this item and include a message to the seller (optional) 4. Click Start return After you've opened the request, the seller has 3 business days to respond. Other than accepting your return request, a response could include any of the following: &bull; An offer of a partial refund &bull; A message &bull; A full refund &bull; An offer to send a replacement item If after 3 business days the seller hasn't replied or you have not been able to resolve the issue, you can ask eBay to step in. 1. In the Purchase history section of My eBay, find the item you have not received. 2. Click the See request details button (this might be under the link for More actions). 3. Choose the option that says Ask us to step in and help, then click Continue. 4. Select your reason for asking eBay to step in, and add any details that we might need to know when reviewing your case. 5. Click Ask us to step in. We will then review the case and decide on the best outcome within 48 hours. I highly recommend that as early as now, please make sure not to alter any part of the item and to take photos of the problem so that if we need any documentation you will be able to provide us with proof. This would help us provide a faster resolution after reviewing your case. I would also like to provide some tips on how you will be able to avoid this situation in the future and what actions can you do next. 1. Review the seller&rsquo;s feedback This is helpful for you to know their standing as a seller based on legitimate experiences from other buyers. You may be able to get insights in relation to your seller&rsquo;s past transactions and how they deal with their buyers. We recommend that you review their feedback before bidding on items a certain seller has listed. 2. Maintain an open communication with your seller I know that in most cases, buyers are very responsible enough in keeping a continuous communication with their sellers. Though some problems may possibly arise, such as sellers being unresponsive, another option that you have is by obtaining their contact details so that you can phone them directly. You may be able to do this by clicking the link below: http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9 Just to recap, please open a return request so that we can assist you in sending the item back and get a replacement or a full refund. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to be at your service and more importantly for choosing eBay as your platform for your online shopping endeavors. I hope you are well and I wish you all the best in your future transactions. Sincerely, Jenelyn N.eBay Customer Support From: <@yahoo.com>Sent: 10/31/2017 10:18:47 PMTo: CC: Subject: GSORC004 Update to Item #from eBay Customer Support SR# 1-134595198416<html>Enter your response here _____________________________________________ Dear Denise, Thank you for contacting eBay about the iPhone Vivienne Westwood Orb Necklace () which you purchased on October 22, 2017 from seller "". I understand you wanted to get your refund because the package arrived damaged and you wanted to know who will be responsible for this. I'll be happy to assist you with your concern. Denise, I appreciate your effort to bring this to our attention. I'd like to inform you that the Global Shipping Program simplifies selling an item to an international buyer. Buyers pay all the costs of an item upfront (including appropriate duties and import fees), with no additional charges being requested upon delivery. Sellers ship the item to a domestic Global Shipping Center who then manages the international customs process and sends the item to the buyer. I know how important it is for you to get your refund for this item. Don't worry because, eBay Money Back Guarantee covers your purchase price plus original shipping for virtually all items on eBay.com. We guarantee you'll get the item you ordered or your money back. All you have to do is file a request with your seller. Kindly follow these steps on how to start a request:1. Go to your Purchase history page within My eBay.2. Select the item in question and click Return this item, under the More actions drop-down menu.3. Select the reason to return this item and include a message to the seller (optional).4. Click Start return.5. Follow the instructions to print your shipping label (if available) and send you item back to the seller.6. The seller now has 6 days after receiving the item back to issue a refund. Be advised that you'll need to request a return within 30 days of the item's delivery date to be covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee. If the seller is unable to resolve the issue with you after 3 business days when you opened the request, you can ask eBay to step in. eBay will review the information provided and make a decision on your case within 48 hours. A resolution could be a refund, a replacement or a partial refund, depending on the options you choose. While you are waiting for a resolution to this issue, please avoid altering the item in any way. Be advised that any alterations, even if they're made by a repair shop or other professional service, will make it impossible for us to verify your original concern with the item. Additionally, here's more information about the Global Shipping Program:http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.htmlhttp://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/shipping-global... I trust this information helps you. I appreciate your patience and willingness to work with us, Denise. I wish you all the best in your future eBay transaction. Have a good day! Sincerely, Mari M.eBay Customer Support [THREAD ID: 1-134595198416]eBay Document ID: 49910738008 _____________________________________________ eBay is committed to your privacy. Read our user agreement and privacy notice. Learn how to recognize fake (spoof) emails. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/recognizing-spoof.html Copyright © 2017 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125. _____________________________________________Is this response a joke? Because I refuse to pay the price of International Priority Shipping to return this 8 oz package that I have already overpaid on shipping for. Please escalate this claim Previous Message Follows------------------------- undefinedSend a copy to my email address.on</html>eBay Document ID: 49912398008<p> _____________________________________________ eBay is committed to your privacy. Read our user agreement and privacy notice. Learn how to recognize fake (spoof) emails. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/recognizing-spoof.html Copyright © 2017 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125. _____________________________________________</p>

Not gonna happen.  Does anyone have phone $ for Pitney Bowes?

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

OMG! Who would write like that? Dollars to donuts that person is a millennial.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

To the OP:

Let me sum up what I think you are saying:

1.  You purchased used jewelry on eBay from an international seller.

2.  Per eBay standard procedure, you were informed during the purchasing process of the cost of the jewelry as well as shipping charges and applicable taxes and fees, which you paid.

3.  Said seller shipped via GSP.

4.  Used jewelry arrives in packaging as pictured.

5.  Used jewelry arrives undamaged, as you have not stated that there is actually any damge to the used jewelry.

6.  You have used Lysol to disinfect said used jewelry, a wise decision since after all, said used jewelry has spent who-knows-how-long in full contact with unmentionable regions of the previous owner's body, where it has been bathed in perspiration, skin oils, bacteria, virii, spores, and other flora and fauna.  And there's no telling what was in that used baggie before it held the used jewelry.

7.  You have posted several messages here, and have contacted eBay, to register your dissatisfaction not with the used jewelry, which as far as can be determined arrived undamaged, but with the packaging, which several posters have told you may not actually have been the packaging that the seller used to send the used jewelry to you.

So, item was purchased at the agreed price, delivered to you in a timely manner, it arrived undamaged and as described, yet you are unsatisfied to the point where you have contacted eBay and have created this thread.

Do I have that all correct?

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

If item arrived undamaged, and you knew the shipping costs ahead of time, you have no complaint
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

From what country shipping is so expensive, $19 for 8 oz?

But "If item arrived undamaged, and you knew the shipping costs ahead of time" - no issue here, nothing to complain
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@fave_looks wrote:
From what country shipping is so expensive, $19 for 8 oz?

But "If item arrived undamaged, and you knew the shipping costs ahead of time" - no issue here, nothing to complain

FCMI starts at $15.50 and the GSP charges for priority international mail ao $19 isn't shocking to me. Now whether the way they ship is actually "priority mail" I don't know. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

You are mostly correct, but I am not sure that Any further explanation will be worth the effort.  This is the Buying & Selling Board, and it is dedicated to "Shipping & Returns,"

so as a Buyer I feel I have the right to post this here.  Your post implies otherwise.

For the record, I have been an active Ebayer since May of 2001.  If you know anything about the history of the Ebay Community, then I am sure you have heard about The Soapbox.  I was remanded there by a Pink during the 9/11 Auction For America, and spent many years there with a posting ID.  Eventually, I became more interested in Vintage Fashion and was active there under this ID.  I do not like the way the new boards function, so I seldom post here. 

Now to your questions:

1. Yes.  I used to purchase quite a bit from China, until a recent attempt on my bank account. I also buy internationally from companies in the UK and Ireland.  

2.  I do not feel I was "clearly" informed. I queried my seller about her postage charge, but she never replied to me.  She dinged me for what it cost to ship to the GSCenter in Sheffield, UK.  

3.  Yes, I thought perhaps it was a service like DHL. I worked for an International NGO and we had offices in Geneva, Brussels and London. They came and picked up our packages.

4. Yes it arrived as pictured.  I recently received an item from Cornwall. It was also jewelry. It was sealed in plastic, put in a small cardboard box with cotton (the typical jewelry box one often gets). This box was then put in a larger box and surrounded with bubble wrap, then covered with a heavy weight shipping paper.  Cost?  US $14. 

When I did buy from Chinese Ebayers, much more care was taken with their packaging as well.

5. No damage to jewelry. Damage to my faith in GSP and Ebay & Pitney Bowes. I have expectations as a buyer, based on my 16+ years here. 

6. I Lysol almost everything I buy online, as I have a hereditary immune disorder.  I am currently recovering from my 4th episode of the Shingles.  I also never sell when I am ill, but my sales are exclusively books in support of Team Rubicon. And my donation is 100%. 

7. Yes I posted here.  I feel, since I cannot neg this seller, and since there is the mystery of who used the baggie & carpy paper, that I had as much right as any other member to 

avail myself of this board.  If you were bored or bothered by my post, why did you respond?

I would still like to get ahold of the Pitney Bowes folks, but so far no joy.  I feel packaging and shipping are an important part of the Ebay experience and I expected the seller or PB to take as much care with this item as I do with my books.   I will likely never know who packaged this.  I will never buy an item via GSP .  I cannot neg the seller.  And I think there should be a different rate for low weight items such as this.

May your holiday sales be Green.  It is unlikely I will shop Ebay in the coming months

Message 15 of 20
latest reply