Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Buyer Issue

Hi, just received my first and last Global Shipping package 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Global Shipping Buyer Issue

They do not ship Priority. I send USPS Priority International to the UK often, it costs $17 and arrives to outer North locations in half the time.
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

email Pitiful Bowes here:

global.shipping.support@pb.com

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@*fortuna* wrote:

You are mostly correct, but I am not sure that Any further explanation will be worth the effort.  This is the Buying & Selling Board, and it is dedicated to "Shipping & Returns,"

so as a Buyer I feel I have the right to post this here.  Your post implies otherwise.

For the record, I have been an active Ebayer since May of 2001.  If you know anything about the history of the Ebay Community, then I am sure you have heard about The Soapbox.  I was remanded there by a Pink during the 9/11 Auction For America, and spent many years there with a posting ID.  Eventually, I became more interested in Vintage Fashion and was active there under this ID.  I do not like the way the new boards function, so I seldom post here. 

Now to your questions:

1. Yes.  I used to purchase quite a bit from China, until a recent attempt on my bank account. I also buy internationally from companies in the UK and Ireland.  

2.  I do not feel I was "clearly" informed. I queried my seller about her postage charge, but she never replied to me.  She dinged me for what it cost to ship to the GSCenter in Sheffield, UK.  

3.  Yes, I thought perhaps it was a service like DHL. I worked for an International NGO and we had offices in Geneva, Brussels and London. They came and picked up our packages.

4. Yes it arrived as pictured.  I recently received an item from Cornwall. It was also jewelry. It was sealed in plastic, put in a small cardboard box with cotton (the typical jewelry box one often gets). This box was then put in a larger box and surrounded with bubble wrap, then covered with a heavy weight shipping paper.  Cost?  US $14. 

When I did buy from Chinese Ebayers, much more care was taken with their packaging as well.

5. No damage to jewelry. Damage to my faith in GSP and Ebay & Pitney Bowes. I have expectations as a buyer, based on my 16+ years here. 

6. I Lysol almost everything I buy online, as I have a hereditary immune disorder.  I am currently recovering from my 4th episode of the Shingles.  I also never sell when I am ill, but my sales are exclusively books in support of Team Rubicon. And my donation is 100%. 

7. Yes I posted here.  I feel, since I cannot neg this seller, and since there is the mystery of who used the baggie & carpy paper, that I had as much right as any other member to 

avail myself of this board.  If you were bored or bothered by my post, why did you respond?

I would still like to get ahold of the Pitney Bowes folks, but so far no joy.  I feel packaging and shipping are an important part of the Ebay experience and I expected the seller or PB to take as much care with this item as I do with my books.   I will likely never know who packaged this.  I will never buy an item via GSP .  I cannot neg the seller.  And I think there should be a different rate for low weight items such as this.

May your holiday sales be Green.  It is unlikely I will shop Ebay in the coming months

Point number two gsp shipping is higher and the seller doesn't set that cost   Yes they set the cost to the gsp but not from there to you. I'm not sure what you mean by the seller dinged you  on the cost of shipping to the gsp 

close se the case this isn't a snad issue 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Thanks, found it last night and already did! I appreciate the gesture. Why no one at ebay was willing to share that is Another Mystery!
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

jmenterprises1
Thrill-Seeker

I'm in a weirdly similar situation. I'm a US based seller, who sold a pin to a person in the UK. The buyer contacted me that the tracking was showing the package as damaged and undeliverable after it made it's way to the final carrier on 10-31. 

When I sell pins, I wrap them in plastic, secure either in a small box or with just a cardboard backing(depending on pin) and then bubble wrapped, then in a bubble mailer.

I can't get anyone to update me with what's happening.  The pin itself might not be damaged, who knows. 

chestnut-tree   thanks for the email address, I'm going to send one and see what happens.

*fortuna*   I feel your pain, bad customer service sucks. I also vote with my money, ebay doesn't understand that concept. The general corporate business practice(not just ebay) seems to be "there will always be a sucker ready to pay to get the shaft"  Unfortunatly, they are correct, at least here. 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply