cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Forwarding Service

I'm recently new to selling again on eBay, and sold my first item in a long while. I'm concerned now, I went to check my sale to start the next steps and saw an International Fee. I'm thinking, what?!?! Not in the US?! 

So I look into it and get find out how buyers are now getting around sellers who block international buyers. I have it turned off, I had bad experiences in the past and I didn't want the hassle of dealing with that right now. 

My buyer is located in Canada, but the address is 15617 NE Airport Way and it’s in Portland, Oregon. Come to find out that's the reshipper and the history I've read so far is hit or miss.

I sold a GPU so it's not a low price item. The buyer has 1500 feedback and has items for sale, video games and misc items. Any buying activity well, the price points are nowhere near. 

If I up and cancel the sale, can they leave me negative feedback? I'm worried about a future SNAD or, even an INR.

I've read horror stories and it seems sellers are protected less and less. Should I go ahead and ship the item, if I do what can I do to protect myself? Do I need to purchase insurance, and/or signature delivery by chance? Obviously that's out of my pocket too. 

Any help here would be very much appreciated. I am stressed, to say the least. 

Thank you everyone!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Global Forwarding Service

You can cancel the transaction, but your metrics will take a hit and the buyer could indeed leave you a Negative. Insurance will cover you should the package be lost or perhaps damaged. There is no real protection for sellers and risk assessment is done before listing an item, and the item is only listed when the seller has decided that they can absorb the loss.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@tendou_akane,

If your buyer's ebay activity is current, I would not worry about the transaction.  If they use a re-shipper, the package would only be covered by shipping insurance and signature confirmation, to the re-shipper's location.   From there on, the buyers instructions to the shipper is a separate transaction not covered by the MBG policies. You would not be responsible to provide an international return label if there was an issue.  Also loss/damage of the item between the re-shipper and buyer is not covered by ebay.  Those are the chances an international buyer takes if they use a forwarding agency.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It sounds like a legit Buyer, specially when Buyer has listings. I wouldn't worry about it. However, if you want to cancel the sale, it's up to you.

Negative feedbacks on canceled sales could be removed but I'll contact the buyer and say the item is accidentally damaged and you need to cancel. Cancel sale, wait for a few days, then relist.

Let things end well. Don't cause friction. You'll be fine

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

NOOOO!!!

CANCEL SALE AND ADD DISCLAIMER TO EVERY LISTING THAT YOU WILL NOT SHIP TO THAT ZIP CODE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT UPDATING USPS TRACKING OR PROVIDING U.S. SELLERS WITH PROOF OF DELIVERY AND THE END OF OUR LIABILITY!! 😡😡😡

I HAVE HAD THREE...3...ITEMS GO MISSING AT THAT ADDRESS, HAD USPS DO SEARCHES AND THEY CLOSED THE CASES!

TODAY,  I AM NOW  UNABLE TO FILE ANY CLAIM FOR USPS REFUND!!! EVEN THOUGH BOTH WERE INSURED!! 

I HAVE ASKED BOTH USPS AND EBAY TO INVESTIGATE WHATEVER (FRAUDULENT?) COURIER IS GETTING OUR ITEMS AND NOT SCANNING OR SHOWING ACCEPTANCE OR DELIVERY TO THEM.

ARE  USPS COMPLICIT AT THIS ADDRESS???? NOT SCANNING PUR PACKAGES AND ACCEPTING KICKBACKS FROM THE (FAKE??) CHINESE GLOBAL FREIGHT FORWARDARDING SERVICES AT THESE ADDRESSES THAT KEEPS AND RESELLS OUR ITEMS???

NOW I AM OUT ALL 3 HIGH END ITEMS, HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY ARE, AND WILL NOT EVEN BE REFUNDED BY USPS!

PERFECT SCAM THAT NO ONE ..NOT EVEN EBAY...IS DOING A THING ABOUT 

I NOW HAVE A DISCLAIMER IN EVERY LISTING THAT IF THIS ADDRESS IS GIVEN AS A SHIPPING ADDRESS I WILL CANCEL SALE IMMEDIATELY AND REFUND.

ONE CHINESE BUYER HAD A 'FRIEND' IN U.S. REBUY IT AND WILL SEND ME IT TO HER.

NOW I HAVE A LOWER RATING ON SHIPPING CHARGES BECAUSE SHES ANGRY THAT SHE COULDNT GET THE....'TAX FREE'! CHEAP POSTAGE FREIGHT FORWARDERS PROVIDE 

THIS IS A HORRRRRRIBLE SITUATION!!!  AND UNTIL AND UNLESS EBAY PROTECTS US BETTER WITH THE USPS BY AGREEING NOT TO WVER VERIFY THESE AIRPORT FORWARDING ADDRESSES  - AT WHICH U S. SELLERS HAVE BEEN SCAMMED WITH NO UPDATED TRACKING DELIVERY, I MUST KEEP CANCELLING ALL THESE SALES TO CHINESE BUYERS GRABBINGY MOST EXPENSIVE ITEMS!!

EBAY...DO YOUR JOB, INVESTIGATE WHATEVER 'COMPANY' IS GETTING OUR PACKAGES WHICH SHOULD NOT BE LEAVING THAT POST OFFICE UNTIL SCANNED AS DELIVERED!!

IF THEY ARE NOT BEING DELIVERED AND SCANNED TO A REAL ADDRESS AND ARE JUST BEING HANDED OVER TO SHADY COURIERS PICKING THEM UP AND TAKING THEM OFF USPS PROPERTY, THEN STOP VERIFYING THAT ADDRESS! YOU ARE LEAVING ALL OF US OPEN TO HUGE LOSS FINANCIALLY AND REPUTATION ALLY!

WE PAY FEES FOR YOU TO KEEP US SAFE!

STOP DESIRING PROFIT SO MUCH THAT YOU KEEP THROWING US UNDER THE BUS!

YOU ARE 100,% AWARE OF THIS ONGOING AITUAYION AS MANT REPS HAVE TOLD ME IN HOURS OF DEALING WOTH THREE LOAT ITEMS AND NOW OUT $200!!! AND THE ITEMS!!!

PROTECT U.S. SELLERS AND AHUT THEM DOWN BUT NOT VERUFYING PROBLEMATIC ADDRESSES WITH EVEN ONE PACKAGE DISAPPEARANCE AND LOSS TO YOUR SELLERS HERE!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡

EBAY, IT IS PAINFULLY OBVIOUS THAT CHINESE BUYERS' HAVE CONTRACTED AOME SHADY CHINESE PEOPLE TO KEEP THEOR RATES LOW...IT IS ONLY TO GET ATOUND HAVING TO PAY POSTAGE TO IMPORT TO CHINA!!! COME ON!!!

THE 'COMPANY' AT THAT ADDRESS HAS WEBSITE IN CHINESE ONLY.AN ANSWERING IN RECORDING SATS TO TEXT 

NO CALLBACK, NO CONTACT TO HELP ME. NO OPTION TO XONTACT IN ENGLISH ON THEIR SITE!

WE ARE BEING ROBBED IN BROAD DAYLIGHT AND YOU ARE A PARTY TO THE THEFT AND DESTRUCTION OF OUR BUSINESS WITH YOU.

STOP VERIFYING 

THESE BUYERS' FREIGHT FORWARDING ADDRESSES!!

PROTECT US!!!!

MAKE THEM PAY LEGAL AND CORRECT TAXES AND FEES TO PURCHASE OUT ITEMS.

WE ALL STOPPED SHIOPING TO CHINA TO ABOID THIS AND NOW LOOK.

UN VERIFY EVERY SINGLE ADDRESS WITHOUT TRACKING AND RECEIPT AND AT WHICH EVEN ONE....1....U.S. SELLER'S ITEM HAS GONE OFF THE GRID AND BEEN LOST'!!!

PLEASE!!!!

TODAY!! 

EVERYONE PLEASE REPLY AMD SCREAM LOUDLY TO EBAY AS WELL HERE IF YOU HAVE HAD ANYTHING NOT UPDATING IN TRACKING OR AHOWING AS ACCEPTED AT PORTLAND

97251-6835 or

97251-9615

Or ANY OTHER AIRPORT ADDRESS!!!

EBAY MUST STOP VERIFYING THESE ADDRESSES.

ITS SELLERS' SAFETY AND SECURITY MUST TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER THE PROFIT IT SEEKS.

OUR LOSSES ARE EBAY LOSSES.

INVESTORS ARE GOING TO SEE BIG DROPS IN EBAY ATOCK VALUE AS MORE AND MORE OF US JUST GIVE UP FROM DISCOURAGEMENT..APENDING HOURS AND HOURS FRUITLESSLY TRYING TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT WHEN EBAT KNOWS.....ABSOLUTELY ....THAT THERE ARE SCAMMERS AT THESE ADDRESSES EVERYWHERE.

IF WE CHOOSE NOT TO SHIP INTERNATIONALLY, THAT IS OUR RIGHT! JUST BECAUSE THESE CHINESE FREIGHT FORWARDING 'BUSINESSES' HAVE BRANCHES IN THE US SOES NOT MEAN IT IS ALRIGHT FOR CHINESE BUYERS' TO GET AROUND EVERY SINGLE SAFEGUARD AND RUIN OUR LIVES AND BUSINESSES.

I NOW DO T FEEL LIKE LISTING ANYTHING ANYMORE BECAUSE A CHINESE BUYER WILL GET IT AND ONCE AGAIN, IT WILL JUST DISAPPEAR.

THREE LOSSES. FROM R ONE SELLER. AND STILL YOU ALLOW THIS 

GOOD LUCK WHEN WE ALL JUST...STOP SELLING BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT PROTECTING US AT ALL L.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

No, USPS Just put up a FRIGHTENING DISCLAIMER STATING THAT ITS AHIPPED TO GLOBAL FORWARDING ANLGENCIRS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND'!!

CLAIMS 'THEY ARE WORKING ON THE PROBLEM'.

OH, REALL THENBLOCK AND U VERIFY EVERY SINGLE DORWARDING AGENCY ADDRESS.

STOP SAYING THEY ARE BASED IN US. THEY ARE NOT AND WE DO NOT WANT TO SHIP TO THEM AS ITS ARE BEING LOST, STOLEN, NOT SCANNED AS ACCEPTED 

I HAVE LOST ALL MOTOVATION BECAUSE 9/10 OFY BUYERS ARE CHINESE NOW AND ALL USING THESE AGENCIES.

IVE HAD IT.

THREE HIGH END LOSSES IS ENOUGH FOR ME.

AP EBAY IS LOSING A GREAT SELLER. ONLY OUR THREATENING TO STOP SELLING ALTOGETHER UNTIL EBAY STOPS VERIFYING THESE FORWARDING ADDRESSES WILL WE BE SAFE AND THEIR EMPLOYEES' SALARIES STAY SECURE.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply