cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final fees and postage outside of eBay?

Do I understand correctly correctly that you just added the postage my client paid ($60) to my final disposition fee total??  Are you people out of your minds?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Final fees and postage outside of eBay?

So you sold the drive for 39.99 with 60.00 for shipping? any tax?

The total final value fees are calculated on final value of item, plus shipping cost if any: plus tax if any then calculated at the percentage rate: then is also added the .30 fixed price.

Oh and if there is a international transaction fee that goes on as  well if such happens.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Fee is based on full total buyer paid(price,postage and any tax).You agreed to this by using eBay

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@nikonpointer 

Yes, you're correct.

They also charge you the fee on any sales tax collected.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

You have 32 Feedback Received As A Seller.
So you are not a novice seller.
I am surprised that you are surprised by this.  

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

How else would you pay for shipping?

"Are you people out of your minds?"

You are not asking or talking to anyone from eBay, these are user boards.

Did you sign up for Managed Pay? Pay-Pal is no longer used for payouts. 

Do you know that as a returning seller that have not sold in past 90 days, you can have up to 30 day payout holds even in Managed Pay?

Everything about fees is covered in the self help guide that can be used by clicking on Help/Contact on every page or Help in the header on the eBay selling/buying pages. 

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@nikonpointer wrote:

Do I understand correctly correctly that you just added the postage my client paid ($60) to my final disposition fee total??  Are you people out of your minds?

In other words YES shipping and final value fees; can eat you lunch in fees.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

eBay has been charging their final value fee on the buyer's total payment, including shipping, since 2011.  

This was implemented partly to void penalizing sellers who offer Free shipping, but also to stop sellers who had been selling items for very low prices with artificially high shipping in order to avoid final value fees.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

No, you don't understand correctly that we just added the postage etc.  We are a very large group of experienced eBay buyers and sellers.  We come here offering advice or help if/when needed.  We are not the ones who collect eBay fees ever.

Yes, the final value fee is charged on the item price, the shipping cost and the state sales tax, if any, and has been calculated that way for about 10 years.

You have been here since April 1st, 2000.  And the fee schedule is a surprise to you?  

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Putting $60 in the listing for shipping that item.  Are you out of your mind?

Posting ID
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@monroe67 wrote:

You have 32 Feedback Received As A Seller.
So you are not a novice seller.
I am surprised that you are surprised by this.  

If he is putting $60 in the listing for shipping a small item and then refunding the buyer the difference, then yes, the OP is a novice.

Posting ID
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Celestron C8 Powerstar PEC Drive. Shipping listed below is an estimate and will vary depending on your location. I will only charge exact shipping amount plus any insurance the buyer requests.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@nikonpointer 

Correct. That is how it is done. FVF on the total amount paid by the buyer.  You set it up a $60 rather than using "calculated", so you are the one that must deal with the issue of the FVF.

If you refund a portion of what the buyer paid you will be(should be) credited a portion of the FVF.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Bunch of thieves. 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

"I will only charge exact shipping amount plus any insurance the buyer request"

No buyer needs insurance, they are protected by Ebays MBG, insurance is for the sellers protection.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@nikonpointer 

Noone is a theif here it is you that is ignorant of the seller fees allow me to educate you

Click on the link below and read, don't just skim it. By the way when you signed up to sell on eBay you accepted their terms : 

Selling fees | eBay

Message 15 of 22
latest reply