cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing a Fedex Claim when item damaged in shipping and Ebay owns the account

I am hoping someone out there can help me.

I shipped ground with Fedex  using all the proper materials (bubble, peanuts etc). The item was damaged (broken).

I had to completely refund the customer.

Then I tried to file a claim with FedEx. I filled out everything and sent it off only to receive a response that since I was NOT the owner of the account (Ebay is) I CANNOT FILE.

The I spent hours trying to explain and get someone at Ebay to help me. Finally on 2/2/20 someone sent me a pre-populated claim form for Fedex where Ebay was listed as the claimant.

Well now, I have spoken to one individual and sent 2 emails asking that shipping check and see if a refund has posted and would they give me my money back.

Needless to say.....Major CRICKETS.

This to me is totally unfair and a rip off. My guess is that Ebay has my money, but good luck trying to get it! Ijust did all the work, refunded my customer and they profit-really tough considering the dismal Corona Virus Situation right now.

Any suggestions????

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Filing a Fedex Claim when item damaged in shipping and Ebay owns the account

A couple of things.

1. You can't file ...
  2. Even if you could file, breakage is a difficult insurance claim to win unless the package is physically crushed,  pierced, or otherwise destroyed.   Otherwise, the breakage will be judged as caused by g-forces, and insufficiently packaged to protect against g-forces (double-boxed, 3" of air-material, etc.)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Filing a Fedex Claim when item damaged in shipping and Ebay owns the account

It was crushed and I sent photos. I filed with a pre-populated form sent to me by someone at Ebay. Ebay was filled in as the "Claimant".
Also, I never have an issue with Fedex when I use my own account which is why I will never use Ebay's Fedex 's labels again.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply