cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx shipping cost adjustments.

Fellow eBay sellers,

Be aware of FedEx. I recently received numerous cost adjustments from them, totaling over $100. I believe they are intentionally doing this to take advantage of eBay sellers, or possibly other online sellers, to increase their profits.

I am switching to UPS. If you continue to use FedEx, don't just drop off your packages and leave. Always ask the FedEx clerk for a receipt of your packages with the weight and dimensions for your records, even with prepaid shipping labels.

I have attached some images. FedEx's reported weights of my packages are inaccurate. I believe there is potential for a class-action lawsuit against FedEx. I hope it happens!

FedEx Shipping Adjustements 02.jpgFedEx Shipping Adjustements.jpg

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: FedEx shipping cost adjustments.

25 years on ebay selling...I just got hit with 8 fedex cost adjustments in one week...this has never happened before...I even verified my scale is correct to fedex's local branch scale...all of my items are shipped from the Atlanta area...most of my cost adjustments were for items to CA or out west...but there was also one for NC and OH...each of the packages were indicated as overweight by about 3 lbs in each case...which they were not...they charged me at least 20 dollars more for each shipping with some up to 30 bucks additional...I called and alerted ebay and they said they are putting in some dispute with fedex without any immediate relief to me...they said others have reported same...these were for packages shipped on March 18th and a couple on March 19th...absolutely unacceptable overcharges....I have suspended all shipping using Fedex until this and would advise you all to not use Fedex ground services until we all get some type of resolution...if you have the option right now to use a different ship carrier on ebay even if it is a few bucks more I would recommend you do so until this is corrected...I am dreading getting this weeks corrections if they are going to do this again.   

Message 31 of 75
latest reply

@fulleffex wrote:

Fellow eBay sellers,

Be aware of FedEx. I recently received numerous cost adjustments from them, totaling over $100. I believe they are intentionally doing this to take advantage of eBay sellers, or possibly other online sellers, to increase their profits.

I am switching to UPS. If you continue to use FedEx, don't just drop off your packages and leave. Always ask the FedEx clerk for a receipt of your packages with the weight and dimensions for your records, even with prepaid shipping labels.

I have attached some images. FedEx's reported weights of my packages are inaccurate. I believe there is potential for a class-action lawsuit against FedEx. I hope it happens!

FedEx Shipping Adjustements 02.jpgFedEx Shipping Adjustements.jpg

Message 32 of 75
latest reply

Same problem again. New Fedex fake underpaid fees! Over $500 in total ! Refund for previous  underpaid fees still not proceed! Clear scam from Fedex and eBay 

Message 33 of 75
latest reply

Hello,

First post here on the forums.

Happened to me too this morning, 4/4/24. Only $45 over two shipments which were shipped/ delivered mid-March. Reviewing the labels and weight/ DIMs in FedEX, I over estimated both weight (1-2 lbs) and DIMs (1" in each dimension) and was still charged extra fees.

It appears in my case the EBay shipping calculator does not account for DIM weight despite what they clearly state in the EBay shipping guide. Near the end of the guide, after they go over DIM billable weight versus actual weight, they state "Let EBay's Shipping Calculator do the math for you...." Then go on to say they account for the actual weight and DIMs for billable weight and provide a quote accordingly.

I believe this is an EBay issue, bot FedX.  At least in my case.

Had EBay quoted accurately based upon the DIMs, there were other couriers which I could have used at a lower rate and not been surprised by the extra charges this morning. 

Do not trust EBay's calculator, at least as it relates to FedEX quotes!

Message 34 of 75
latest reply

kyle@ebay 

Happened again 4-4-2024 

Message 35 of 75
latest reply

Second time in two weeks that I’ve been hit with over a hundred dollars in adjustments on numerous items.  I weigh and measure everything accurately and the notice of adjustments contains nonsensical weights.  I will lose money on several of the sales if it stands.  I’m going to try and call eBay but I doubt they’ll do anything.  

Message 36 of 75
latest reply

I contacted eBay and was told these would be refunded, but they are still charged? I have 8 packages that were basically double charged.

Message 37 of 75
latest reply

Incorrect Fedex overcharges again adding up this morning  on 4-4. What is the solution and what do we have to do to get the overcharge credited back to our account?

kyle@ebay 

Message 38 of 75
latest reply

lol who tf is kyle?

Message 39 of 75
latest reply

Happening to me this morning. Are the corrections automatic or do we have to contact "someone at ebay" to get the credit?

Message 40 of 75
latest reply

As of this morning I have $133.55 in FedEx label adjustments, all for weights almost half less than what FedEx counted as billable weight, and the actual measure FedEx themselves reported. I'm preparing to call eBay and see how to have these charges refunded, it is absurd! Why would they even let these charges go through right away, when they know there is an issue?!

Message 41 of 75
latest reply

Fedex_Overbilling.png

Got me today as well.  Packages weighed, measured, and rounded up to the next whole number every time.  Then fedex adjusted the prices to cost nearly twice the eBay estimate. 

Message 42 of 75
latest reply

Just wondering, since I have thousands of active listings, is there any way to sort them by shipping service offered.  I would like to go through and re-evaluate any that have fedex as a shipping option.

Message 43 of 75
latest reply

@timelessauto wrote:

kyle@ebay 

Happened again 4-4-2024 

Hey @timelessauto  our shipping team became aware of this happening again yesterday evening, and they are currently working to correct the issue.  We'll be sure to pass along updates as soon as we receive them!

Kyle,
eBay
Message 44 of 75
latest reply

Just got hit with a adjustment when the shipped package exactly matched what FedEx measured... size and weight are accurate so why an adjustment?

john_119_0-1712238085305.png

Message 45 of 75
latest reply