cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx committed fraud by lying about the weight and overcharging me after the package was sent

I will never use FedEx again for any shipment. I am warning others about using them too. These dishonest fraudsters claimed that my overnight package weighed 3 pounds even though I weighed it on two separate scales and it was 15.6 ounces. I also confirmed the weight on a third scale when it was dropped off and scanned. Since the label was printed on ebay, they wouldn't even listen to my complaint because I didn't have the account number. The package was 4 sealed audio cassette tapes and packaging - physically impossible for it to weigh 3 pounds unless they put their finger on the scale.

FedEx is shady and dishonest and I expect them to be involved in another class action lawsuit for fraudulent practices. 

Ebay did give me a small credit to use towards purchases when I called them. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: FedEx committed fraud by lying about the weight and overcharging me after the package was sent

I'm not sure the employees are "dishonest fraudsters" looking to screw some guy out of a pound of weight.

Occams razor says it was a simple mistake. 15.6 ounces is 1 pound. Maybe they meant to round it up and went up a pound too many?

I don't know that you need to pull out tactical nukes on what appears to be a simple mistake. What's their motivation to screw you out of shipping fees? The employees aren't commission-based. They have no motivation to upcharge you on shipping charges.

I'd say try to take another look at it... frustrating, yes. unfounded accusations of fraud? welll.... maybe not.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: FedEx committed fraud by lying about the weight and overcharging me after the package was sent

YES this is extremely fraud, it has happened to us, i have over there boxes where they put it UNDER THE WEIGHT  that we put! and they charged me THIRTY DOLLARS! i have over $300 in overcharges, UPS AND USPS dont have this  issue, ship with them all the time. I guess they know most customers wont do anything about this, and they are trying to get back at ebay for slaying their rate?  someone please bring this to light. insane kiling small businesses

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I don't  know why ebay  doesn't  have  at lest  4 to 8 employees   managing  their FedEx account  to be on the look out  for Billing errors  before sellers  are billed  .  Ebay knows FedEx has history of  billing mistakes  and it first time was 6+ years ago .   

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I called FedEx, and they will not comment.

This is massive fraud, and I am removing FedEx as a shipping option from all of my listings.

It is 100% fraud. It's not like they lied about the weight.

On one of my items, I overpaid, as I do on most, just to make 100% sure, I round up.

My item weighed 4.7, and I paid for 5.0, with all of the dimensions rounded up to the nearest inch.

Their notice even states that the item weighed 4.7, and I paid for 5.0, but somehow, I underpaid?

They admitted their fraud in their own notice.

eBay has credited that one, and now I got hit with another, which I am waiting to be resolved.

eBay says FedEx did this to thousands of their customers, and they are swamped.

But, since that's the case, and they know there's a massive fraud, why do they allow these charges to blindly go through?

They should be blocking, and double-checking every single one of them.

FedEx does not have access to my bank account, eBay does, so eBay is the one making the charge.

It looks like from here on, I will be offering USPS only.

I thought they were difficult, until FedEx did this, and from searching on the net, it's not their first time.

Criminal investigation maybe?

If some sellers don't catch it, they stand to embezzle millions.

We know the cost of fuel is high, and the economy is in the toilet, but they sold at this rate.

If they can't afford it, they need to raise their prices on future sales, not go back, and charge people more for something they already bought and paid for.

Please, eBay, block FedEx from our accounts. We need that seller protection.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply