cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

European Buyer Can't Purchase

I am enrolled in EIS and to the best of my knowledge I have not excluded any countries.  But an insistent buyer in Italy finally contacted Ebay and Ebay claims my listing is for shipping to the USA only.  But I have inconsistent pages, one showing exclusions and the other showing no exclusions.  In fact the main page seems to show no exclusions and allow EIS to bypass any exclusions.  But I do remember several years ago, before I enrolled in EIS, I excluded all countries as I didn't want to ship internationally.  I just can't find that page that generates the second photo.  What am I doing wrong?

shipping2.jpgshipping1.jpg

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

What's the item number? 
So far looking at several listings most items that are Navy you only ship in the US.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

The few I checked showed shipping to Italy with EIS.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Could be the value.  EIS doesn't ship anything over $2500

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@nationalcameraexch wrote:

Could be the value.  EIS doesn't ship anything over $2500

He doesn't have anything listed for anywhere near that price.  So probably not it in this case.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

What's the item number? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186386204855

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I do see other navy headsets listed with the EIS but at least some of them are in a different category than yours.  It's possible that in that category, the EIS won't ship outside of the US.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

@ebooksdiva wrote:

What's the item number? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186386204855

@m60driver 

As far as I can see that item does not have eIS on it. It doesn't allow shipping to Canada either. Only to the USA.

lacemaker3_0-1713466117130.png

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I just went into the "Business Policies" section, an area I never visit and tried to change some shipping policies.  I have no idea if it worked or screwed up all my listings.  This is all well beyond my understanding.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I think eBay has certain things they don't allow for international.  I work for a camera store.  Any old motor drive or battery pack I am not allowed to ship internationally.   I've tried to get around it but have accepted that its one of those things I can't change.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

That is one of your items where you only ship to the US.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

It's possible that it is your business policies but it is very likely that EIS doesn't ship items in that subcategory.  I did a search for items in that category and any one the ones that I checked ship first class international, not EIS.     https://www.ebay.com/sch/4721/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=ww+II+headset

The few WW II headsets that I had found that did ship via EIS were in the "uniform" category.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

For some reason, ebay has blocked anything in the Militaria category from Buyers outside the US, not just things like bayonets.  It's stupid, I know but I have run into it before.  I found that you can list in the Historical Memorabilia category to get around this.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@mopata wrote:

For some reason, ebay has blocked anything in the Militaria category from Buyers outside the US, not just things like bayonets.  It's stupid, I know but I have run into it before.  I found that you can list in the Historical Memorabilia category to get around this.

Do those recategorized items get through the Illinois shipping hub, @mopata?  My thoughts are that they won’t pass the inspection process and end up dead-ending, leading to a disappointed and frustrated buyer.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

They're items that are perfectly OK to ship - not weapons or anything like that.  For some reason, ebay has decided to block an entire category even though 95% of the items in that category are perfectly fine to ship.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply