cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's reply about ridiculously long extended handling time. I want to share with you.

I purchased many items from many chinese sellers whose handling times are usually 15 business days. I didn't know much about Ebay's policy about this "extended" handling time and I was very very angry why I had to wait for so many days before even seller ship. Many chinese sellers are currently advertising items as if items are ready or available to be shipped soon in a timely manner but almost all chinese sellers asked me to wait 10~15 business days before they ship. Until I just asked Ebay CS about their ridiculously long extended handling time, I believed it is fault for chinese sellers to advertise items which are not ready or not made yet, but Ebay's reply is as follows and I want to share with all of you: "It is OK for sellers to advertise items that are not even made or not ready to be shipped yet. Sellers have the option to set their preferred handling time (any time is OK) since they are the one who own the items and ship the items to their buyers.  Ebay is doing this because they want to give sellers to check the items and make sure that they will be delivered to all buyers in good condition to avoid any bad buying experiences." OK, I understood what Ebay Policy is, but many items I wanted were made and sold by chinese sellers whose handling times are ridiculously extremely long. I wish I could buy same or similar items from much faster-shipper like US and UK sellers, but they don't sell what I want so I had to wait for so many long days patiently. I had no choice. And of course, most of chinese sellers ship items worldwide by Economy Free Ship so takes at least a month or even 2 months or worst case lost. Finally for those who are thinking buying from chinese sellers, this is how it works. Get ready to wait patiently. Thank you so much for reading. Have a nice day.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay's reply about ridiculously long extended handling time. I want to share with you.

eBay's policy is that sellers can choose whatever handling time they like, but it must be stated in the listing when they set it up.  If the selected handling time is 4 days or more, then there is an orange notification in the top section of the listing, so you can avoid sellers with extended handling times.

eBay also has standards for "On time" shipping that penalize sellers who ship late.  But perhaps those penalties aren't applied to Chinese sellers.

extended handling time orange yellow flag.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay's reply about ridiculously long extended handling time. I want to share with you.

eBay's policy is that sellers can choose whatever handling time they like, but it must be stated in the listing when they set it up.  If the selected handling time is 4 days or more, then there is an orange notification in the top section of the listing, so you can avoid sellers with extended handling times.

eBay also has standards for "On time" shipping that penalize sellers who ship late.  But perhaps those penalties aren't applied to Chinese sellers.

extended handling time orange yellow flag.png

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You say you understand the policy but are complaining because those are the only sellers the item is available through.  eBay doesn't have any control over that either.  They give sellers a choice on handling time up to 30 days handling time can be chosen.   If no one else has that item listed there is nothing eBay can do about that.  If you want the item be glad you found it despite having to wait so long.   

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Dear partial*eclipse: Thank you so much for your kindest & prompt reply. I didn't know that. It is very very helpful for my future purchase. Thank you 🙂
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Dear myangelandmyprincess: Thank you for your prompt reply. I fully understand what you are saying. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply