cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's new default of 1 day shipping

I got an email stating yet again Ebay is "helping" the seller by setting the shipping to 1 day by default.

Yet again I will have to take more time to keep changing that!

I do try to ship out same day or next ..  but it doesn't always work being in a rural area.  The post office closes at 11:30 and I'm not going to drive 30 miles away to ship right away...

We also have issues with snow storms and taking a day or two sometimes to get cleared.

When I can't ship right away due to a storm,  I message the buyer..   but as I said,  I don't feel I can justify claiming 1 day if I may not be able to meet it.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay's new default of 1 day shipping

I called eBay about this and the customer service rep first told me the email was NOT from eBay! Of course that was a lie.

Call back today says oh yes it was from eBay and that is the new rule and there is NO WAY to reset the default to reflect real life handling and shipping unless you remember to reset it every time you enter a new item for sale. 😞

They know this will cause defects and say they will 'fix' any defects caused by this until Jan 1. UM how about for LIFE instead?

Stupid stupid move to ensure sellers will lie about shipping time and end up with defects all across their sales.

If eBay wants to run a store where everything is sold the exact same way they can buy all my items and sell them themselves!

Power outages, illness, car problems, family problems, and a tiny post office with limited hours - all contribute to my need to ensure I have two days handling time. Yes I try to beat that all the time BUT I also do not want my customers unhappy on those times I cannot do so. eBay is now ensuring my customers will end up unhappy. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I thought I was going crazy-- I keep a two day shipping and I check before I go to bed at night so I can take it to work with me but twice I saw that I was going to be late on shipping because the sale didn't come in until after I went to bed. I saw this thread and checked and I am now into one day shipping with no way to op out. I thought getting out of a business account might give me more options but that didn't happen. I am wondering if you set your cut off date to 5 am that would give 2 days to ship. hopefully that will work until they change again. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

To clarify a few things:

1. 1-day shipping means that you ship out your next business day. You can set your shipping days in your preferences. So you could set it to be that you only ship M-F or M, W, F or only Saturday.

2. the cut off shipping time only applies to orders that ship same day.

Example 1: Assuming you ship M-F, and you offer same day shipping, and your order cut off time is 2:00 pm. An order comes in at 1:00 pm on Tuesday. You have to ship that order that same day. If an order comes in at 11:59 pm, you have to ship it on Wednesday.

Example 2: Assuming you ship M-F, and you next day (1-day)shipping, and your order cut off time is 2:00 pm. An order comes in at 1:00 pm on Tuesday. You have to ship that order Wednesday. If an order comes in at 11:59 pm on Tuesday, you still have to ship it on Wednesday.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

From what I understand, if you use sell similar or relist or the listing is a gtc, the handling time will stay the same as what you set it at. The only time you should have to change the handling time is if you start the listing from scratch.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

That doesn't sound right as existing listings should not have had the handling time changed and if it was changed, you should be able to change handling time in an active unsold listing.

It's possible that the date in sellers hub is incorrect?? 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

This is a tempest in a teapot. You are NOT being forced into one (business) day handling.

As with everything on the form that you use and submit you can choose what your preferences are. 

Just pay attention. And set up your business policies.

This really is not going to be any kind of a problem for anybody. Really.

OMG the sky is falling.  Not.

Radine

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Yes, it can be changed ..  but it's still another hassle ebay has put in for the seller.  I like having my choices set to what I want and not set to what ebay wants..    like listed until cancelled,  now the seller must keep an eye out on all items for sale..  it's all done for ebay's benefit,  not the seller.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I hope that what you heard is correct and that ebay can correctly manage it 🙂

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

OK I am an idiot, but I just noticed I have same day shipping on all my listings.  I would NEVER do same day shipping.  I have looked everywhere and cannot find a way to change it to one or two days to ship......

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I do not know what you see from your end on your listings but when I check shipping on one of your listings this is what I see:

"Will usually ship within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment"

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Yeah I just figured it out.....thank you though.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply