cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay please fix labels printing wrong and with no ability to change preferences!!!

If this is not fixed soon ill be forced to put my store into vacation mode until you fix it!

I am a monthly store paying member and may not be if I'm rendered unable to efficiently work!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ebay please fix labels printing wrong and with no ability to change preferences!!!

Hey, just some advice from the "cheap seats"  Please don't shoot the messenger! 😎

Many businesses fail because they don't take all of the risks of business under consideration and have contingency plans for such.  Relying on a sole-source vendor is one of the things that leads to business failure as once that sole source fails the business is "stuck."

This risk to my selling is one reason why I signed up for a free account at PirateShip.com.  That way when eBay labels mess up, which they do frequently, I an never "stuck" and I don't have to close my store.  I just go there and print labels and when I have time, try to figure out how to "fix"things with eBay labels.

There are several options for a back-up plan for Shipping/labels:

PayPal.com/shipnow
Stamps.com
PirateShip.com

So perhaps one could go that direction instead of just shutting down waiting for eBay 'to do' something?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Ebay please fix labels printing wrong and with no ability to change preferences!!!

I completely agree, one should always have a Plan B, several in fact to cover all sources of noise.

You can, when printing, select "2 per page" or even "2 per side" to print TWO labels per each page.
Pirateship works as well...
I also have a Stamps account thou that one doesn't excite me much since it requires a "deposit" to pay for labels, however it's still a backup plan.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yep I go to print a label today put my 2label sheet in and print . expecting my label on one and the other blank so i can flip it for the next one, This has worked fine for hundreds of orders. but no the label comes out 8x11 and covers the whole sheet. Spend the next thirty minutes looking everywhere for the printing preferences. None to be found. give up, downsize the label print it in the middle of plain paper. Glad now I hardly sell anything and I didn't have make a bunch of labels.

So eventually I do find it on the label page. To the right of where you put in your dimensions there is the box with order details.  You wont even know its there if you don't scroll down but if you do there is a show more button and what do you know there is a couple of label settings. whenever I get another order I'll test it but i think I'm set now.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Won't work...after you purchase the label it will print the wrong size no matter what you selected beforehand

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

yeah I see all the other threads now that the problem is much bigger. My print preview did allow me to resize to 100% (which is the correct size) from the 179% it was set at but it put it right in the middle of the page. Until they get this fixed I Guess I will do one sticky label at a time repositioning it in the middle.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

My experience exactly. No matter what I try, it doesn't work properly.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply