cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is robbing me.

Ebay is requiring I send them proof of items I sold which have already been delivered to the buyer. I don't keep receipts of the items I sell cuz some of them were gifted to me for the holidays and some I just lost the receipt for. They're illegally holding $2k of my money. Am I screwed? Can they legally rob me of my $2000? I need help

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ebay is robbing me.

Boy you get some high dollar gifts.  

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I would call Ebay's customer service line. They are always very helpful and may be able to send you in the right direction. If you need help finding how to call them please feel free to message me! Happy holidays

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You will need to provide the information requested.

All new sellers have requirements to meet before being paid. That you are new and selling expensive items has caused your account to have more scrutiny.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@uniquestorez wrote:

I would call Ebay's customer service line. They are always very helpful and may be able to send you in the right direction. If you need help finding how to call them please feel free to message me! Happy holidays

hurryagain_0-1635989186558.gif

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@kylstore_11 

Because you have recently started selling again, eBay considers you as a new seller.  This means that your money will be put on hold for usually 30 days or less...until the item arrives and eBay feels that the buyer(s) have gotten their items as described.

As you continue to sell here (again), those restrictions will go away.  The key thing to do is to keep your selling acct active by selling a few things every month to maintain your selling acct so that it does not fall into that dormant phase causing your acct to be treated as a new (selling) acct.

Things should go okay...I see that you have already gotten glowing feedback for two of your recent high dollar sales.  I really think that you will be cleared and things should improve - just keep your selling acct active - no less than a 90 pause between selling.  Frankly I would not go past 60 and personally I do not go past 30 days.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I don't  know who's doing the robbing here but it's not eBay.

You've sold

4 Google Pixel 2 Smartphones

1 Google Pixel 3 Smartphone

2 Google Chromebooks

2 Google Pixelbooks

2 Apple Watches

1 Apple iPhone X

1 Apple MacBook Pro 

1 Apple IMAC Pro

1 Apple IMAC Retina 

1 Apple iPad Pro

1 Apple iPad Air

2 Galaxy 9 Smartphones

1 Samsung Headphones

1 Beats Headphones

1 Inspire 2

1 Microsoft Surface Book

1 GoPro Max

Gifts,,,,,,,,  You have feedback for over $31,000 for all those electronics you say were gifts.  Some of us were born at night but not last night. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Reading is fundamental **bleep**. I haven't sold in over a year. SOME of the items I sold recently were gifts. The others were not. Please show me where I said I ONLY sell items gifted to me, I'll wait. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I've gone 90+ days twice this year.  Hasn't affected my receipt of payments.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

"They're illegally holding $2k of my money. Am I screwed? Can they legally rob me of my $2000?"

I agree with @fab_finds4u .

Ebay is being cautious due to recent high dollar, high tech dishonesty on the site.

If you follow through and your buyers are happy,  you will get paid.

You have been here before, that's great! But... Something off...

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

you can contact ebay and tell your problem .

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@rnmonlinestore wrote:

you can contact ebay and tell your problem .

The problem has already been solved - message #4  #7  #8  #11

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 13
latest reply