cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay did not refund me

I ordered a Dewalt Saw zall last July. It was never even shipped. 

I reported it to Ebay and instead of refunding me, they closed the case without  resolving anything, because no contact was made. I was in the hospital for three months and did not respond to appeal their lack of following through in such a blatant obvious theft of my money.  The order page still shows no shipment and charging me $74.52,  which is effectively someone stealing my money and Ebay does not care.

The transaction page still shows no shipment and I was charged nearly $75. I missed the appealing their lack of action decision because I spent months in the hospital.

HOW CAN THEY JUST CLOSE AND ISSUE WHEN IT WAS OBVIOUS NOTHING WAS SHIPPED? HOW CAN THEY LET A SELLER CONTINUE WHEN THEY STOLE MY MONEY?

The seller never responded to me or Ebay. What about the Ebay guarantee?  The order detail still shows nothing shipped and basically $75 was stollen from me and Ebay could care less. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay did not refund me

I think ebay has a statute of limitations on their transactions that’s less than six months for INRs. I think it’s best if you just file a payment dispute with your payment source.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ebay did not refund me

If you did not receive it, you had 30 days to open an item not received case.  Then you would have had to follow up with eBay within 96 hours.

If you paid with Paypal, you have 180 days to open a case and most credit cards give you that long to do a chargeback.

If you have a problem with eBay and need help, feel free to come here and ask for advice.  But try to ask within less than 30 days.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Ebay did not refund me

What you described is standard process on eBay @thike1 . The act of filing a non-receipt claim is seen as a form of communication for buyer and seller to work it out. Unless eBay is asked to step in, they won't.

After a non-receipt claim is filed the seller has a few days to respond and provide tracking confirming delivery or active tracking scans. It falls to the buyer to go back to the claim and escalate (ask eBay to step in) if the package doesn't turn up. eBay assumes inactivity means the buyer has their item and/or the buyer and seller worked it out. Sellers are not required to use tracking so eBay leaves room for that, unless you ask eBay to step in and escalate to a case. Then eBay will force a refund pretty quickly if there's no tracking confirming delivery.

Your claim timed out due to inactivity which means you didn't ask eBay to intervene. Then you had a window to appeal, but didn't (weren't able to) follow up. As mentioned above, you've run out the clock so your only choice is to file a payment dispute.

Hope your health issues are on the mend.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply