cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay International Shipping

Hello all,

I have an order from a buyer in Canada. The shipping address is new to me, so I am asking if any sellers have shipped to this address before? Also, the part "ebay:xxxxxxx" (xxxxxx is just an example) puzzles me as it is NOT the same as the buyer ID, so I am concerned. I used to ship to Erlanger, KY shipping hub, not this one.

110 Internationale Blvd, ebay:xxxxxxx

Glendale Heights, Illinois 60139-2080

United States

I google address, but it does not show anything. If you have shipped to this address before, have you experience any issues?

Please kindly help,

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Ebay International Shipping

@glmil-2041 wrote:

"The IL addy is the new addy that replaces Erlanger, KY. "

So what is happening to the packages at the Erlanger depot then?

Cos that's where my package was sent to over nearly 2 weeks ago bound for New Zealand? And it's not moved!!

I'm assuming that they are still sending stuff Internationally from there until no more are sent there?

Or is this still an ebay base for international shipments?

Thanks ....

@glmil-2041  If your pkg went to KY, that means you are still on GSP.  You are not on EIS yet & your pkg will be processed as usual, by the Erlanger, KY location.  Both locations are active at this point.  You will know when you're in EIS, b/c you'll receive an email/message from eBay.  

I do know that NZ is under a state of emergency due to massive floording, so that likely as something to do  with the delay.  Flights into NZ are likely affected due to the widespread flooding.   Much of Auckland is under water & there is widespread infrastructure damage, so I wouldn't worry too much about your pkg, as I suspect it simply can't get there right now logistically.  At the height of COVID, pkgs were sitting for 3-4 weeks b/c there were no outbound flights to send them on.  You can always reach out to Customer Service & stress that you're having a GSP issue & they s/b able to look into it for you.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Many thanks for the reply - yes Auckland did have flooding issues but that was a good few weeks ago. Granted we had a Cyclone coming through but that didn't really affect Auckland, but I appreciate that things can get stuck if flights were not able to land ....

Just checked my eta on the Delivery and it's now saying 20-30 of MARCH instead of end of February!!

That's like 2 months for a set of shoes!!!! 

I'll reach out to CS to see if they can do anything ... 

Cheers!!

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

Hi everuone, please don't be fooled with this kind of deal on ebay. It is a modern SCAM! I am ebay seller and  I had identical situation identical address etc. I dont know how this person is doing the trick and what is the principal of the trick but I know it is a scam. I have shipped my items tiwce to this address and both have delivered there then buyer has opened the undelivered item case via ebay. I ask the buyer why he never received the item despite the tracking number states that item was delivered to its destination, also I ask him to confirm his address to compare it what I have on my end, he replies that the address I have is not his and he has no idea why the address I have is 110 Internationale BLVD Glendale Heights IL etc.  He claims that he is located in Canada then he demanded a refund lol! Beware! My best advice:  If somebody orders and pays for the item that you are selling and his address is the one mentioned above, please refund him immediately and igonre him. It is a scam attepmt. Thank you and good luck! 

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

@dlgs25  I think you posted in the wrong thread.  This thread has nothing to do with a scam, but has to do with the GSP system. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

@glmil-2041   That is just my best guess based on the news & the experience I had w/GSP during COVID.  I imagine that flights to NZ are already somewhat limited in nature due & the flooding could just be impacting what already were minimal flights.  In addition, I remember reading from someone who was involved in airline logistics, that further, there had to be space for pkgs on the flights, so if that space is taken up by emergency supplies, that may further inhibit the ability to send anything.  But this is all conjecture on my part.  In my personal experience, except for a few months at the height of COVID, everything went very quickly & smoothly.  But during the COVID limitations, it was so bad that I actually opted out of GSP for quite a few months b/c items were sitting at the GSP center for 3-4 weeks. 

I would suggest that you contact ebay via Ebay For Business Facebook page or Twitter, as you are more likely to get an actual employee in the US, who can research this, as it's a more advanced topic.  

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ 

I'm not sure of the Twitter link, but it s/b pretty easy to find. 

ETA:  The reason they are marked scanned "Delivered" at the eBay centers, either in KY or IL, is b/c as a seller, we have done our job when we get it to that center.  It is on eBay to get it to it's final destination.  That's all that means & it is normal.  There will be another Delivered scan when it gets to it's international destination. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

Thanks @simply-the-best-for-you !!!!

I emailed CS and got a lame reply from someone saying that the EDT is the 28 February which is next week. 

But when I looked at my order & selected the Shipping, Returns & Payments tab it's now saying that the Estimated is now between 20-28 of MARCH!!! 

But the actual package tracking still says the 28th February - go figure (covering all bets I imagine).

I might hit up the facebook link & see if they give me the same response ... it's not the end of world, but I'd like to see my package arrive before the end of Summer in March/April!

Cheers & have a good one!!

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

We just used this service for the first time in January and the customer received his package yesterday, and guess what?  The page was opened and inspected and parts of the order were taken out, package arrived with Ebay tape that we do not use and the parts missing. We are very upset about this. 

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

The address is legit for the new eBay International service, but we just used this service for the first time in January and the customer received his package yesterday, and guess what?  The page was opened and inspected and parts of the order were taken out, package arrived with Ebay tape that we do not use and the parts missing. We are very upset about this

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

same now he ask for refund this place is a scam even the address where it suppose to go is weird..

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

just had a similar issue with a buyer who used this address. they sent photos of the packaging, as they were upset over damage to the items. non of the packaging was mine, not even the box. why would someone open and re-package 5 items poorly.  my buyer claims this is not ebay global and he called them and he claims they know nothing about this address. very confusing, to say the least.

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

As someone who works for one of the major logistics companies in the USA, here's some insight:

Opening/Repackaging:

Any inspecting and repackaging that occurs is done after the package arrives in the buyer's country, by that country's customs agents. Since each country not only has their own restrictions on what can enter, but also has individualized duty charges on varying items, it's not unusual for customs agents to open the package and verify the contents before they release it for delivery in their country. 

Delays:

Every country's customs department holds incoming packages for different amounts of time, and the reasons vary. As an example:  One of our customers sent an XMAS gift to San Salvador on 11/28/2022. It left USA territory and entered San Salvador on 12/2/2022. At this point, the job of my company was done. We have no control or say over what happens once a package is in another country.

Customs in San Salvador did not release the package for delivery until 2/24/2023. The item was a coffee mug -- neither restricted nor dangerous. Customs did not give a reason for the delay. On the other hand, items sent to Japan or Germany have (historically) customs wait times that are quite short.

Tracking:

Every country has their own postal/shipping organization with its own tracking system. Most are not compatible with the tracking system in other countries, although some are. The majority of the time, you will only be able to track a package up until the point where it leaves US soil unless you pay extra -- and even that isn't available in every country. Again, there are exceptions, but this is the norm. If you want exact international tracking to the recipient's address it's best to use a global shipping company. (We are seeing some changes in this -- more countries than ever are using systems that link up and share information, but the majority still do not.)

Missing Items:

The three normal reasons this can happen are:

1) Removal of items that are restricted or banned in the destinating country. (Always check a country's restricted list before sending anything. Many are things you'd never think would be banned. Plus, items confiscated by customs do not get returned to you.)

2) Carelessness when verifying the contents of packages containing multiple items -- i.e. The agent didn't put everything back in or couldn't fit everything back in.

3) Theft by unscrupulous persons, usually within the customs department. 

This last reason is the most rare, but there are a some countries where this is unfortunately an issue.  For example, for years the Philippines had the worst reputation for items missing from packages after they departed customs. Some would even be completely empty. This seems to have gotten better in recent years as they've been working on the problem internally. However, it can still happen in any country. Although the majority do their best, dishonest people exist everywhere.

--All of that said, it's possible, but unlikely, that the removal of items and repackaging was done as a result of the international shipping center in Illinois. If tracking shows that your package left the USA as expected, then later, the buyer contacts you with any of the concerns mentioned above, they need to contact or open a case with their customs department.

EBAY can handle it if there's a refund situation, but as far as the package and it's contents, your job is over. It's out of the hands of anyone here and has to be addressed with the agents in the buyer's country.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

The address starts with EIS which is Ebay International Shipping.  They have a Chicago location apparently in a warehouse for now.

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

Yeah, I just had a guy buy something from that address and it said 'Make sure to include both lines of the street address including evtn:4ryf86c on the shipping label. We need it to process your order' which I thought to be really odd. Low and behold, it went through an international shipping company and I'm really just waiting for him to claim he never got his stuff in Glendale Heights, IL and try to get his money back so I can let him know I'm quite the detective and tracked it through all its stages to his home address in Canada! Be super diligent....

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

si è proprio così, ma  il pacco viene tracciato fino a Glendale Heights e poi il tracciamento si interrompe fino a quando il pacco non viene affidato al corriere cittadino del destinatario, è così?

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

This is an official eBay address for their new International Shipping Program. GSP is being replaced with eBay International Shipping with a number of better benefits. So, think of ths as the new Erlanger, KY Address.

Message 30 of 35
latest reply