cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMS package stuck in "Pre-Shipment" status. What's taking so long in the USPS?

Anyone getting delays recently with the USPS when it comes to receive something overseas this month?

My EMS package left the originating country on June 20. And the last update it says in the USPS site is the "Pre-Shipment" status. It's coming from Asia to California.

I usually get EMS packages no more than 7 days, and even on holidays in past occassions. And now it's taking this long to receive it.

What's going on with the USPS this month???

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: EMS package stuck in "Pre-Shipment" status. What's taking so long in the USPS?

Please tell exact country. If it’s Kazakhstan, or Russia, or India or Korea or Japan - then it would usually show up within 2-3 days after export. If it’s China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bhutan, Nepal, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan - than its quite normal for item to be in transit so long. Plus I once had a package from Kazakhstan sit in US customs for 10 days. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: EMS package stuck in "Pre-Shipment" status. What's taking so long in the USPS?

The delay has nothing to do with the USPS.

The seller hasn't shipped the package.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

It just left the originating country over a week ago already. I assume it's in the customs right now but it's taking them so long to process and scan it that it's here.

I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue with the USPS at the moment

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

It’s not an issue with USPS.

they don’t have the package yet. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Where do you see that it has left the originating country?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

what country isit coming from

ifit has not been shipped,it cant show up on USPS site?

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Both the official ems and usps sites. its departs the originating country already

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

have you tried calling  USPS 1-800 number to track it down 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@hwa_59 wrote:

have you tried calling  USPS 1-800 number to track it down 

I doubt they will try to track down a package that isn’t in their possession. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Please tell exact country. If it’s Kazakhstan, or Russia, or India or Korea or Japan - then it would usually show up within 2-3 days after export. If it’s China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bhutan, Nepal, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan - than its quite normal for item to be in transit so long. Plus I once had a package from Kazakhstan sit in US customs for 10 days. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Pre-shipment means that the courier has forwarded the tracking number to USPS, but USPS does not yet have physical possession of the package.  When  USPS gets the package it should be scanned as accepted.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Pre shipment generally means that it hasn't been accepted by any delivery service....that it hasn't been shipped at all.  But in post 7 the op states that it has departed the originating country according to the USPS and EMS site so it doesn't sound to me like it is still in pre shipment status.  I'm confused! 🙂

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Pre shipment generally means that it hasn't been accepted by any delivery service....that it hasn't been shipped at all.  But in post 7 the op states that it has departed the originating country according to the USPS and EMS site so it doesn't sound to me like it is still in pre shipment status.  I'm confused! 🙂

A USPS tracking number will not show any movement until they (USPS) actually scan the package once it gets to the US.  Not sure how USPS would be showing that the package has departed the originating country and be showing pre-shipment at the same time.   And not all countries' inbound mail is tracked by USPS now.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2015/pb22424/html/info_002.htm

http://faq.usps.com/?articleId=1437076354655

A package may be fully trackable on the foreign postal site, but not trackable here.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I just got updated now. Thank god! Took 11 days for mine.
It feels like it's been years for it to update.

It just got processed through an ISC facility and now says the "inbound into customs" status. I think it'll be out of it overnight and be in my local post office tomm. morning hopefully. But I'm just glad that it's here in the U.S. now. Thought it got lost upon sending it over.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

The package will not be at your local PO in the morning. Neither customs or the PO use teleporters at this time. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply