cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIS opinions

hello everyone, just looking for some opinions about EIS. We always used Ebay Standard Intl, which worked fine and got plenty of orders from Canada and the UK, and other countries on a regular basis. Since however being automatically enrolled into EIS back at the end of may first of june, not one. They all quit buying, and not a single order to those countries. That tells me the costs for them and using EIS are too high. However when looking at a couple of different locations in those countries as a test, the estimate rate looks about the same on this end as it did when it was ebay standard intl,,,but not sure about their end? Were contemplating of opting out, and just reverting to first class intl and then use pirate ship export. Torn at this point on which step to take, but I prefer being in charge of shipments etc and not ebay. Anyone else seen a drop in intl sales if you are using EIS? The problem is if we do opt out, thats going to be headache reverting everything to first class intl because for the most part its all mostly under eis now and not every item we ship overseas.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: EIS opinions

A lot of sellers are reporting drops in sales after switching to EIS.

I have accounts opted in to EIS and also shipping direct. For me, international sales are down on both accounts, regardless of shipping method offered. So I can't attribute the drop to EIS.

If you switch to using business policies (info on setting up biz policies found in the link in my signature below), then, once your policies are set up and established, making changes from one service to another becomes very quick and easy.

I've been considering ceasing direct shipping to the UK because there are so many new rules and regs with more and more countries affected. I'll keep direct shipping to other areas (especially Canada), but I'm considering adding EIS as the option for the UK and much of Europe.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply