cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay Shipping Supplies

I spoke with ebay shipping supplies and they said they have ended all 12x12x12, 10x10x10, 8x8x8 ebay branded boxes because they werent a high demand item. I say B.S.. We ship glassware products and these are our most popular ones. We now have a $150 quarterly coupon / $600 annual (Anchor Store Subscriber) for ebay supplies that is now worthless to us. The only boxes they offer are no good for our product line. The main reason I became an Anchor Store Subscriber was for the shipping supply perks. We take great pride in our shipping boxes. We dont ship in used boxes and really appreciated the Ebay Branded boxes.  

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: EBay Shipping Supplies

There have been lots of complaints about this.  Unfortunately, none of the responses by the reps sound too promising about their return.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Frankly the bold colors on the eBay boxes had me doubtful as to environmental friendliness and i did not see any Recycled content on them.. so a big fat NO to corporate branding unless it has an Environmental incentive.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

I too am very dissapointed in the type of ebay supplies offered in the ebay shipping supplies store. I shipp china primarily. Frankly, I get 90% of my boxes free from the post office so I don't really need boxes though I did find the 16 by 12 by 8  and the 18 by  14 by 12 boxes of some value. Unfortunately neither of thos are being offered this quarter. Tape is find but you can only use so much tape. I have tape coming out of my ears now. I do some of the plastic mailers but 500 a year is plenty. So what does the store offer that I really need and the answer is very little. what could the store offe that could actually use? Really there is just one thing and that is bubble wrap. Shipping china requires a lot of bubble wrap. But the one thing that ebay could supply that I need, they don't have. I had one rep tell me wehn I complained that I should just buy the tape and resell it. Really!!!! 

The 150 dollar coupon for anchor stores could be a great benefit but it isn't right now. It appears that ebay used the shipping supplies coupon as an excuse for raisng fees and now that they have done that they just don't care. The truth is that ebay mangement has only one thing on their mind and that is greed. They talk a lot about customer service but they forget that we are their customers and they don't even provide an actual means of getting our wishes and complaints through to them. I can only conclude that it is all lip service and that they would do just about anything to  make another penny. Making a simple request for the store to carry bubble wrap should be easy and a reply from someone empowered to make a decision on doing that should be easy but ebay will now allow communication between it's subscribers and management. They are probably the most customer unfriendly company I have ever dealt with. It is ridiculous that they actually make more money off my sales than I do.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I use to get the large ebay boxes too, 16X12X8 and 18X14X12. I fortunately decided to stay with a lower store size and pay the .20c fees if I go over the listing limit. So with a lower monthly store fee, I get a smaller coupon but with no boxes to buy, it doesn't really matter. I save the money on the store fee. I stocked up on ebay tape, which I really like.
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

I also do a lot of china.  I was really upset when they canceled the 18/14/12.  Went to staples and got some nice 18.12/12 that are working out nicely.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@dishbrokers4wrote:

I spoke with ebay shipping supplies and they said they have ended all 12x12x12, 10x10x10, 8x8x8 ebay branded boxes because they werent a high demand item. I say B.S.. We ship glassware products and these are our most popular ones. We now have a $150 quarterly coupon / $600 annual (Anchor Store Subscriber) for ebay supplies that is now worthless to us. The only boxes they offer are no good for our product line. The main reason I became an Anchor Store Subscriber was for the shipping supply perks. We take great pride in our shipping boxes. We dont ship in used boxes and really appreciated the Ebay Branded boxes.  

they say they were dropped because of low demand. That's **bleep** If demand were low they would still have them in stock instead of being sold out.

eBay raised our store fees and offered us a shipping supply credit but have now eliminated most of the usefull supplies, I can't spend it.

someone on this thread suggested adding bubble wrap. good idea I'm sure there would be large demand.

I sent a request to shipping supply manager to add blank adhesive printable 2 on a page shipping labels a long time ago, I could certaunly use those.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

eBay is lying about those size boxes not being good sellers. Those were the BEST sellers. Maybe they were talking to you on opposite day.

@dishbrokers4wrote:

Tiptoeing through the tulips can end in stepping on a cow patty 😉
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Maybe buy a bunch of tape and resell it for cheaper? That is what I am thinking about doing. 😕
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I'd love to know how you 'spoke' with eBay shipping supplies --- I tried to contact them earlier this year about missing bits in our order and ended up having to go through Merchant Support!  That's when I learned that "eBay Shipping Supplies" is only a 3rd party contracted to sell eBay branded supplies.

If they tried to tell you there was a low demand, obviously there was absolutely no research into the matter since how many threads/mentions/requests have there been?  Seriously.

~M

---edit:  I'm not questioning  your integrity.  Just was curious how you managed to get anyone from shippingsupplies to answer your question(s).  The only eventual correspondence we had from them indicated low reading comprehension and went back-and-forth until we finally got our entire order.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

My "Dialogue" was through the "contact seller" icon on the ebay shipping supplies link. It wasnt verbal but rather written. Whether or not it is a 3rd party doesn't concern or surprise me. The fact that the boxes are no longer available and the reasoning I was given disturbed me enough to feel compelled to vent. 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@ekryalswrote:

I too am very dissapointed in the type of ebay supplies offered in the ebay shipping supplies store. I shipp china primarily. Frankly, I get 90% of my boxes free from the post office so I don't really need boxes though I did find the 16 by 12 by 8  and the 18 by  14 by 12 boxes of some value. Unfortunately neither of thos are being offered this quarter. Tape is find but you can only use so much tape. I have tape coming out of my ears now. I do some of the plastic mailers but 500 a year is plenty. So what does the store offer that I really need and the answer is very little. what could the store offe that could actually use? Really there is just one thing and that is bubble wrap. Shipping china requires a lot of bubble wrap. But the one thing that ebay could supply that I need, they don't have. I had one rep tell me wehn I complained that I should just buy the tape and resell it. Really!!!! 

The 150 dollar coupon for anchor stores could be a great benefit but it isn't right now. It appears that ebay used the shipping supplies coupon as an excuse for raisng fees and now that they have done that they just don't care. The truth is that ebay mangement has only one thing on their mind and that is greed. They talk a lot about customer service but they forget that we are their customers and they don't even provide an actual means of getting our wishes and complaints through to them. I can only conclude that it is all lip service and that they would do just about anything to  make another penny. Making a simple request for the store to carry bubble wrap should be easy and a reply from someone empowered to make a decision on doing that should be easy but ebay will now allow communication between it's subscribers and management. They are probably the most customer unfriendly company I have ever dealt with. It is ridiculous that they actually make more money off my sales than I do.

Their reasons cited were low demand (which I don't believe for a second) and cost prohibitive (which is more like it). As you said they hiked store fees but added the coupons then made the coupons useless for a lot of folks, who are now stuck with something of no benefit and the fee hike.

Typica eBay SOP unfortunately.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@lookng2015wrote: ... Their reasons cited were low demand (which I don't believe for a second) and cost prohibitive (which is more like it). ...

"Cost prohibitive" isn't plausible, either.  Why not just raise the price?  Sellers who now have  coupons that they consider useless would apparently be willing to use up a whole coupon on a rather modest number of boxes of usable size.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

I can also use only one size of the smaller boxes that are offered.  I have 3 stores and coupons I cannot use.  

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@dishbrokers4wrote:

We dont ship in used boxes and really appreciated the Ebay Branded boxes.  

As a buyer, I prefer NOT to see that logo.  I am not buying from that company.  I buy from sellers that list on that website.

When I was listing here, I bought new boxes and printed labels with MY logo.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 15 of 24
latest reply