cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY PLEASE FIX. Ordered by mistake return cost $16.00 to ship and pay $16.00 to return...

...plus cost of Ebay label. Really eBay? People on eBay will soon be selling nothing but a pencil, a stamp or a paperclip. No large item seller can afford this kind of expense (especially in the buyer ignorant technical category). EBAY PLEASE FIX.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

EBAY PLEASE FIX. Ordered by mistake return cost $16.00 to ship and pay $16.00 to return...

Since you are an experienced seller, I hesitate to ask you the details, but if a SNAD wasn't filed, then any remorse return would depend on your return policy.   If you have one and state the buyer pays the return shipping, then you aren't out that money.  Also, you can keep the $7.00 you initially charged for shipping, but of course will lose the other nine it took to ship since you chose not to charge for that to begin with.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I'm just curious......what are you talking about?

Did you offer free shipping and free return on an item that was then returned and you ate shipping both ways?  Then maybe don't offer free shipping both ways on larger items?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If a buyer claims Not As Described, shipping expenses are on the seller

If a buyer returns for remorse/changed mind/doesn't fit, etc., shipping is on them - and you don't have to refund original shipping (if charged seperately).  

What do you need fixed?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

First, ebay doesn't control the cost to ship anything.

Second, if you use stock photos ( the item is always NEW) to advertise a USED item with cosmetic wear, you are going to get a lot of SNAD claims.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@green-night wrote:

Did you offer free shipping and free return on an item that was then returned and you ate shipping both ways?  Then maybe don't offer free shipping both ways on larger items?

Short answer, no. Only charged $7. in listing for actual cost of $16.00 (one way). The item sold for $35.00. (by the way, SNAD was never mentioned). All he said in the return was he is really, really sorry.  I am afraid that the buyer may be playing me. He may think I will just let him keep it because its overall value is low. My only reason for thinking this is he does not respond to messages. I cannot afford to sell items bigger than a stamp, if eBay does not fix this. Once this kind of buying gets in the blogs, the abuse WILL BE RAMPANT. The harm to eBay credibility will be in print FOR EVER!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Since you are an experienced seller, I hesitate to ask you the details, but if a SNAD wasn't filed, then any remorse return would depend on your return policy.   If you have one and state the buyer pays the return shipping, then you aren't out that money.  Also, you can keep the $7.00 you initially charged for shipping, but of course will lose the other nine it took to ship since you chose not to charge for that to begin with.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@jgrit wrote:

@green-night wrote:

Short answer, no. Only charged $7. in listing for actual cost of $16.00 (one way). The item sold for $35.00. (by the way, SNAD was never mentioned). All he said in the return was he is really, really sorry.  I am afraid that the buyer may be playing me. He may think I will just let him keep it because its overall value is low. My only reason for thinking this is he does not respond to messages. I cannot afford to sell items bigger than a stamp, if eBay does not fix this. Once this kind of buying gets in the blogs, the abuse WILL BE RAMPANT. The harm to eBay credibility will be in print FOR EVER!

I really apologize, but could you please explain exactly what eBay needs to fix? 

Your buyer bought something, you charged less than actual cost on shipping, now he wants to return... Please pick it up from there, what exactly did the buyer say?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@jgrit wrote:

@green-night wrote:

This kind of buying is already rampant. What ever the buyer is doing has already been done by many. 

Take what they want return the rest on the seller's dime ($$$) if that is what is happening is just one of dozens of scams that happen daily.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@jgrit wrote:

@green-night wrote:

First if you are going to set a shipping cost then set the calculator with the correct weight and measurements so the buyer pays enough to cover costs.

Second if it is not a SNAD simply state Return for Refund. Refund the item price upon arrival. If they do not return it then don't refund.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply