cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Like eBay's New Shipping Label Page? There IS A Way To Switch to the Old One!

eBay has been slowly rolling out a new shipping label page to different sellers this month. I just got it this morning and it is terrible. I tried to print some labels and it just spun...and spun....and sppppppun. Nothing ever happened. Then it told me to download my labels. What a mess!! What ever happened to a button that just says 'Print Label!?'

Anyways, I have seen a bunch of other threads saying that they don't like the new one and that there is no way to switch back...that's not true. eBay provided a link at the top-right corner of the page to switch back. It's really simple. The only problem is that you have to do this for every single label you print, but IMO it is worth it.

Good luck and if anyone want to know about that, just send them a link to this thread.

Thanks!printlabel.JPG

https://bio.link/langs
Message 1 of 114
latest reply
113 REPLIES 113

Re: Don't Like eBay's New Shipping Label Page? There IS A Way To Switch to the Old One!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Method-to-Automatically-Switch-Back-To-Classic-eBay-Label-FLow...

That is an automated way to switch back that simulates a redirect eBay does when a label creation is requested from my sold page actions menu.

Can also be done manually by reconstructing the URL, which I will probably create a bookmarklet for it this weekend. (general idea with the bookmarklet approach will be that the bookmarklet would be clicked when landed on a "new label flow" page where "switch to classic label page" links don't work, and will redirect to the classic label flow)

What browser are you using?

Is the page you are stuck on of this general form?
https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/new_label?transId=1234567890123&itemId=987654321090

If so, change the URL to:
https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/back_to_classic?transId=1234567890123&itemId=987654321090
and try that. (obviously you need your own transId and itemId numbers in the URL).

If that doesn't work, change the URL to:
https://postage.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?PAppLoadPostage&transId=1234567890123&itemId=987654321090
(this is what the proposed bookmarklet will do I think)
Message 31 of 114
latest reply

Re: Don't Like eBay's New Shipping Label Page? There IS A Way To Switch to the Old One!

Then there's the label in PDF form for **bleep** sake: another step and I cannot shrink the label the way I like t
in PAGE SETUP !!
I print my labels at 76% so I can ship my small items in small envelopes/boxes.

So this is several more steps for me....
I thought it was just part of the crayons and "smart"phone dumbing down...but now
I see the Improved insurance scam.
Poo.
Message 32 of 114
latest reply

The image of the new shipping page you posted is FAR different than the page I get. My "new and improved" page does not allow any other shipping services other than USPS Priority Flat rate, having upgraded ALL of my shipping services from First Class to the more expensive, (and making more money for eBay), Priority Services.
Message 33 of 114
latest reply

Yes, this whole thing is VERY confusing...............MY "Tell us what you think" page is TOTALLY different from yours, or the one listed previously. I only have 8 topics to ask for improvement on. What the HECK is eBay doing?????
Message 34 of 114
latest reply

@greenmountain1132 wrote: .... My "new and improved" page does not allow any other shipping services other than USPS Priority Flat rate... 

Are you sure that you clicked on the link for custom packaging (to get away from the USPS packaging for flat and regional rates)? Can you show us an image of the page that you see?

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 8.15.54 PM.png

Message 35 of 114
latest reply

I hate this new page too.  I prefer to print the smaller labels  to save on ink too.    I have not been able to make 1 label smaller.  I thought that the ebay Einsteins did this inorder to make sellers waste ink and then buy ink on ebay.  Well Guess what Ebay,  I will NEVER ever buy my ink here. I buy it from Amazon.

It's time for this page to completely disappear along with the clowns that designed.  Most of the time,  I have to download the stupid label to my computer.  Then find it and hit print.  Then I have to go back and delete the darn label from my computer.   Too many steps.

Message 36 of 114
latest reply

I only had to click the “return to classic” once, and now I always get the classic site when I print labels

Anyone who thinks that money can't buy happiness has never paid a shelter pet's adoption fee
Message 37 of 114
latest reply

NOW, they have changed the page that I get yet again. And so now I DO get the option of First Class. Guess it's a work in progress......................

Message 38 of 114
latest reply

I could not find the option to buy USPS insurance on the new page, also looks as though the printer adjustments are missing, like what type of printer are you using.  Maybe if we tell ebay we like all these changes, like seller hub, shipping labels, no neg. seller feedback, etc.. they will do the opposite and bring all the old structures back.

Message 39 of 114
latest reply

The "Tell Us What You Think" link no longer exists, I'm afraid we are going to be stuck with this POS!

Message 40 of 114
latest reply

>>The "Tell Us What You Think" link no longer exists

Does for me. Bottom of the new label page.
Message 41 of 114
latest reply

@black-triangle wrote:

I could not find the option to buy USPS insurance on the new page, also looks as though the printer adjustments are missing, like what type of printer are you using.  Maybe if we tell ebay we like all these changes, like seller hub, shipping labels, no neg. seller feedback, etc.. they will do the opposite and bring all the old structures back.

Ah yes, a little reverse psychology!

Works all the time with my 10 year old.

Message 42 of 114
latest reply

@radtech1971 wrote:
I only had to click the “return to classic” once, and now I always get the classic site when I print labels

I wish this would happen for me........

Message 43 of 114
latest reply

THE NEW SYSTEM SUCKS.............................

Message 44 of 114
latest reply

This new shipping page is not as easy as the old one, so I switch to the old form. The old form is MUCH easier to compare rates between USPS and FedEx when shipping is included in the auction price. Also, I just tried the new shipping label page for FedEx (just to see how it is working) and it FAILED MISERABLY. It prints the label in the incorrect position to fold it in half and fit it inside the FedEx envelope. I tried to maneuver it by rotating it, but it still printed in the wrong position. (argh) ALSO -- IT DROPPED THE RECEIVER'S NAME OFF THE LABEL! It shows the name when viewing it, but when you print it, it disappears??????  I tried increasing the size 110% and still just a bigger white space. It's not my printer as I just installed a brand new one yesterday. Another case of eBay "fixing" what ain't broke. (big sigh here from a long time seller who always purchases labels through eBay.)  This is NOT an improvement!! And - just to add this - when eBay makes these kind of changes, they take up a seller's time trying to adjust or "fix" something. Would they not rather have us spend our time LISTING ITEMS???

Message 45 of 114
latest reply