cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovered I was enrolled in eBay Internat'l Shipping (eIS)

Today while using sell similar to list items I saw that eBay had enrolled me in eBay International Shipping (eIS) though previously I had excluded all foreign countries.  I followed eBay instructions to Opt out, mainly because I don't consider eIS ready for prime time since it does NOT support combined shipping.  I'm a high volume, low cost seller whose business model profit relies on repeat buyers of multiple items per order.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Discovered I was enrolled in eBay Internat'l Shipping (eIS)

Everyone is (in) 

Simply edit all items to exclude All 218 countries.

Then; you'll be 'out'. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Everyone is (in) 

Simply edit all items to exclude All 218 countries.

Then; you'll be 'out'. 

I had excluded all 227 countries (not 218) but my listings still showed International Shipping and 30 day return policy for same.  

Not everyone is in, as eBay has an Opt out procedure:  Under your username click on Account Settings.  Then under Selling click on Shipping preferences.  Select Opt out and provide a reason.  My reason was Other, and in the Description field I mentioned eIS did NOT support combined shipping.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I opted out and it was gone really fast from my page.  I didn't like the idea that they were going to hold payments until the shipment hit the hub.  Sometimes the mail isn't exactly speedy, and what happens if they happen to get backed up at the hub and the incoming shipments aren't processed in a timely manor?  Our next day payments could turn into several day payments.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

They are not holding back payments for EIS.  In the first very announcement about the program they said that they would be doing that but they changed that policy very quickly. Sellers get paid the same way they would for any sale.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply