cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Global Shipping Program Have a Substantial Rate Increase?

I have a very reputable buyer in Germany who just asked why his shipping cost through GSP increased so much.  He said he used to pay about $100 to have 300 Hot Wheels shipped and now is getting a quote of about $160.  It's probably been about a month since he last purchased from me.  Just wondering if anyone else has gotten feedback recently regarding GSP rates.  I'm guessing it's tied to the virus but it would be nice if ebay sent a notice regarding such a substantial increase if that's the case.  I know the strength of the dollar has increased and that's not good for exports but I don't think it would account for that much of a difference.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone with a similar story and whether it might be country specific.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Did Global Shipping Program Have a Substantial Rate Increase?

I don't know if the prices have gone up because the gsp shipping costs to Canada often seem to be all over the place. But that really has a lot to do with what the seller is charging for their domestic portion because the gsp only  gives a combined shipping cost for the international part of the shipping.  Full shipping price is charged for each listing even if the seller does combine shipping.( I know that is how it works for flat rate shipping rules.. I don't know for certain if that is how it works for calculated shipping. )

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I wonder the price changes could have anything to do with the currency exchange rate?   

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I would say it's a combination of increased dollar strength and immensely reduced flights to and from Europe, since a lot of cargo is carried on passenger flights as space is available.  I believe typically about 1/2 of cargo is carried on passenger flights vs. dedicated cargo flights.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply