cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid-19 causing Delays In USPS packages Arriving In A Timely Manner And Buyers Wanting Refunds

I'm starting to experience some issues regarding buyers wanting refunds because their package hasn't arrived...In one case it's only been 7 days since it was shipped and the buyer has started a refund claim...I shipped the package 11/30 and I got the return/refund request notification on 12/7.  And ebay says I have until 12/10 to respond, which I did. I checked with my local postmaster and they informed me that due to covid-19, several transport trucks are sitting full of packages that can't be processed because they don't have enough workers to do it. So, deliveries are delayed. I've relayed this to the buyer. However, ebay has notified me that they may step in if it's not resolved by the 10th.  My question is, how can I possibly resolve such a case when it's totally out of my hands?  I fully understand buyers wanting their packages, but, I don't think sellers should be taking the blame for a slowed delivery status due to the current situation in the country. Maybe ebay could extend the time out a little before they allow a buyers request for a refund when the package hasn't been received yet.  Ultimately, in my case, the buyer will likely get a refund and the package will arrive too...just later than normal. So then I'm out the money and the item...even though I've done everything right by shipping fast.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Covid-19 causing Delays In USPS packages Arriving In A Timely Manner And Buyers Wanting Refunds

Coincidentally, my sales have fallen off drastically just lately.

Is it because people do not trust the postal system now? 

From reading some of the above posts, maybe I am lucky.  I would not want

many shipments lost or delayed past the buyers' patience span, that is for sure.

Message 31 of 31
latest reply