cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier scan called incorrectly "late" by ebay for US federal holidays

eBay is incorrectly showing that there was no on time carrier scan for all the items I shipped on Tuesday February 18th after the Monday February 17th US federal President's Day holiday. This is affecting my on time shipment record. This is not the first time eBay has neglected to accurately allow for federal holidays when USPS is closed and items cannot be shipped.

I'm not asking a question here, just hoping eBay reads this forum and will correct their mistake, which I'm sure is affecting lots of sellers, without me having to call them. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Carrier scan called incorrectly "late" by ebay for US federal holidays

It's always a good idea to get the scan when you hand them to the PO. Are they moving?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

They will not correct this unless you do call them. I had to call three times following New Years to get it corrected. They told me to call on the 20th of the month
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

By not recognizing & allowing for USPS federal holidays, perhaps that could unfortunately help lead to an increase in the fvf for some sellers ?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you print ebay labels, all that ever was required was that it was printed by the 'date' needed. If you have 1 day shipping, someone buys on a Tuesday, you have to print by Wednesday, 11:59pm (before end of next day)- obviously it would not be scanned until Thursday when PO picks up/or is dropped off. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

If you print ebay labels, all that ever was required was that it was printed by the 'date' needed. If you have 1 day shipping, someone buys on a Tuesday, you have to print by Wednesday, 11:59pm (before end of next day)- obviously it would not be scanned until Thursday when PO picks up/or is dropped off. 

No, it also has to have an acceptance(or other scan) within your handling time.

Just printing a label is not enough. In the example above, you would also need a scan before midnight Wednesday.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply