cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer asked me to change a fedex shipping address.

This has happened a couple times recently, does anyone have experience on how to handle this?

I printed this particular label using eBays discounted fedex rates.  The buyer said they called fedex and said only the original shipper can change the address.   Is that me or eBay?   I am the one that printed the label, however doesn't eBay technically own the Fedex account?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Only you can change the address when printing... BUT NEVER DO THIS!!! If it's a legit buyer asking, tell them you will cancel/refund until they change their address in the ebay system as per ebay rules, we are only to print/ship to the address shown on the purchase. 

Also watch out for: was this just an ebay message- many times it's not even from the buyer (check who bought vs. who is sending a message)- this is just a thief who watched your listing, then has you send the item to them, original buyer never receives, opens case, forces refund and you are out the item (stolen) and the money. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@happy.flower wrote:

The buyer said they called fedex and said only the original shipper can change the address.   Is that me or eBay?   I am the one that printed the label, however doesn't eBay technically own the Fedex account?

Yes, eBay owns the FedEx account and I don't believe you will able to change it. They have a special arrangement with FedEx to ensure that the buyer definitely cannot change it, because there was some history of that happening, after which the buyer would file an Item Not Received dispute and win a refund since the seller could not show a Delivered status for the original Ship-To address.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I would never do this as you lose your seller protection if you change the shipping address.  If you check the boards you will find that this is a scammers method of getting the item and then later claiming it was not received. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply