cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer said didnt receive item tracking says he did

I as a Seller missed a number in my tracking, kept saying no info on item yet. It has been 4 days since mailing out. I ntcontacted Buyer and they said they havent got it yet and want a refund as they are tired of waitng. I checked tracking and saw I was missing a number, then tracking said it was delivered two days after mailing and was left with an indiviual at that address. Why would someone lie and want the item and want the Seller to refund them? I dont get it why are people so dishonest?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Buyer said didnt receive item tracking says he did

@wingsonmyback wrote:

I as a Seller missed a number in my tracking, kept saying no info on item yet. It has been 4 days since mailing out. I ntcontacted Buyer and they said they havent got it yet and want a refund as they are tired of waitng. I checked tracking and saw I was missing a number, then tracking said it was delivered two days after mailing and was left with an indiviual at that address. Why would someone lie and want the item and want the Seller to refund them? I dont get it why are people so dishonest?

What number was missing? Was the number missing in the shipping address that is on the Order Details form and PayPal transaction, or did you leave it out by mistake?

If an important number, like part of the street address or the suite number was left out, then the pakage was probably delivered to the house that the address corresponded to, rather than to the buyer's shipping address. If that is so, then nobody lied or was dishonest, and it is nasty for you to make an accusation like that without proof or even good evidence.

We need to know if it was your mistake or the buyer's mistake to advise you on wht to do about this.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@wingsonmyback wrote:

What number was missing? Was the number missing in the shipping address that is on the Order Details form and PayPal transaction, or did you leave it out by mistake?

If an important number, like part of the street address or the suite number was left out, then the pakage was probably delivered to the house that the address corresponded to, rather than to the buyer's shipping address. If that is so, then nobody lied or was dishonest, and it is nasty for you to make an accusation like that without proof or even good evidence.

We need to know if it was your mistake or the buyer's mistake to advise you on wht to do about this.

a number IN THE TRACKING. He said that multiple times in his post.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@wingsonmyback wrote:

Not everyone is dishonest, but there are enought out there that, given the opportunity, will try to scam you to be disappointing.  Unfortunately you have to take actions to protect yourself from those that feel honesty is "optional" or "situational".

Send a polite email stating that you have updated the tracking and it clearly shows that the item was delivered on <date here>.  Ask them to please check around the house, with anyone that lives with them, and neighbors to try to locate the package.  Tell them that you will be contacting Post Office to get the gps coordinates of the delivery and specifically their Post Office to verify that the carrier delivered the item.   Recommend that they contact their Postmaster and Carrier as well.

If they demand further action on your part, offer to contact the Post Office and open a report for porch pirates active around their address and also offer to file a police report for a stolen item at their address.   You probably won't hear back from them at that point.

You are not responsible to refund the buyer at this point. 

AFTER OCT 1ST, eBay can and most likely will refund the buyer if you don't upload valid tracking before the estimated delivery date.  You should look into purchasing your postage through a service that automatically uploads the tracking number to eBay.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Advise buyer to contact their local post office to undertake a GPS for delivery location. 

Mail articles are sometimes misdelivered.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply