cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened case claiming wrong item sent

Hi,

I have a buyer that opened a return case categorized as "Wrong item sent" 

In the messages, the buyer admits the correct item was sent, but they "weren't paying much attention" to the listing and didn't realize how small the item was. Even though the size of the item was in the listing. 

Will I get a defect for accepting this return? Should I wait for the case to go to eBay's judgement? What should I do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Buyer opened case claiming wrong item sent

I suggest you call eBay and have them look at the buyer's correspondence. Clearly, this is a case of "buyer's remorse" and you should not have to pay return shipping -- unless you already provide that service.

Don't ignore the return request -- you definitely WILL get a defect for "unresolved by seller." But your goal is to get the request's reason changed to "buyer changed mind" rather than "wrong item."

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You don't appear to accept returns so rather than try to get ebay to change it to buyers remorse, just call and ask them to close the case in your favor since its clearly buyers remorse and the buyer admits they didn't pay attention. Winning the case will block the buyer from leaving negative feedback. If they file with paypal, the good thing is, you won't have to pay for return shipping 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I called them and they said I have to call back on Friday to have them close the case in my favor.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@twilightpirate wrote:

I called them and they said I have to call back on Friday to have them close the case in my favor.

This escalation will give you a defect, but now your buyer and not you, will have to pay for return shipping.

You'll have to call back, perhaps several times, to get that defect removed.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply