cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bravo Ebay

Why is Ebay grossly underestimating delivery times year after year? I sent an item the standard envelope rate which can easily take 10-12 days. I sold the item on the 9th. Dropped at the post office that night. Package started moving on the 10th. I now have recieved a second message from a buyer that admittedly didnt know how slow the shipping rate is complaining. So today I looked at the estimated delivery date and it says the 13th! And the 13th is a Sunday. So now the standard envelope is faster than ground advantage? Lol. So they basically quoted 2 day priority as delivery time. Lol. Ebays incompetency in mind blowing. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bravo Ebay

I read about these "slow" ESE items, and just don't understand🤔

It's a 1st Class envelope of the letter category.

Why does it take so long to travel through the system?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Its frustrating for the buyer and the seller. I am thinking of not using it anymore. I have a few small defects on my "shipping labels uploaded on time" which I have no doubt is related to a few ESE sales. I know they scan at my main USPS Hub and then the Hub in the buyers State. From there its a crap shoot if it is marked as delivered. Leaves you open to scammers. Luckily the item I sold was only a few bucks, so if I end up having to refund it wont hurt too bad. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's as slow or worse than media mail. It was first class technically because of price, but with free "tracking". But now they have combined First Class/Parcel Ground. I could just send in an envelope with a stamp or two that would be quicker, but then I would have to hope the buyer was honest and say they received it. I dont think most USPS Employees even know about the ESE or dont have time to scan it. To my knowlege it should be scanned at my major hub, the customers State major hub, when it is out for delivery and when delivered. Most times you are lucky if they hit 2 of the 4. Lol. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

ebay takes its estimates from the service purchased & the metrics published by that service from the point of origin to the destination. It also updates based upon behavior indicated from the service provider.

I receive parcel delivery routinely on Sunday from USPS due to contract with Amazon. They also are out delivering priority & express mail parcels with delivery service on Sunday.

In terms of carrier delivery times, blame all the shippers that abuse the postage class & services. People try to hack the system & make it what they want, at the price they want & then complain after the system breaks from millions of events over two centuries of abuse, that result in the service received.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@skate_man1000 wrote:

I am thinking of not using it anymore. 

I'd say that's a good idea because listing stickers in the non-sports trading card singles category to take advantage of ESE is a policy violation. Is it worth putting your account at risk for those low value items?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If I use a #10 envelope for ESE or Ground Advantage, it either arrives quickly or takes more than a week and possibly two or three.

I suspect human error, failing to completely empty a bag, or tub or gaylord.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply