cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aquiline shipping and tracking beware!

Aquiline shipping is part of some scam going on with eBay. Best I can figure out is its all about getting buyers to keep hitting the Aquiiline tracking site to sell advertising. I purchased an item a fake tracking number satisfied the ebay app. So now money it is on hold for 25 days. I reported but nothing can be done until ebay policy plays out. I was scammed on my last few purchases its a shame, I love ebay. I can't reach anyone who cares enough to look at my account to see that I buy a lot on ebay and the scams are increasing. Out of my last 4 purchases 3 have not been shipped. Something is going on. I could make a video for YouTube, but I don't want to hurt ebay, as I am a small time seller also.  Not sure what to do. Feeling discouraged. 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

It is a fake tracking number that pulls information from Amazon.

Unfortunately, it's used mainly for the purpose of Amazon "dropshippers" as Amazon doesn't provide external tracking for FBA.

When Amazon "dropshipping" first started getting popular they could only submit a TBA # (Amazons internal tracking) however one of the big risks was people opening INR, it would be auto lose for the seller since eBay couldn't utilize that tracking since it wasn't public.

A couple sites fixed the problem (Blucare Expess, Aquiline) to make the tracking publicly avaliable with a fake tracking number that would link the data on their sites database.

Honestly I understand that there are some legitimate uses for sellers who simply use FBA for backend, but I feel this is mainly used for foreigners to Amazon "dropship".

I have been against eBay supporting the use of fake tracking. Only actual carrier tracking should be supported IMHO.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

I don't if it is a scam, but I recently purchased something on ebay and after I received it,  I saw that it was dropshipped from Amazon. The seller provided that aquiline tracking number. When I saw that number, I thought I was doomed and may not receive the package (i.e. it is a scam). But the order arrived in a few days, delivered by the USPS. As I understand it, Aqualine does not do any shipping themselves, they just generate these tracking numbers for the purpose of packages being trackable. So if an order gets lost, it would have been lost regardless of whether Aquiline was involved or not.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

One of the issues is Amazon knows they have larger lost packages because they let uber drivers drop off packages.

So it's quite easy when you buy something to report it never arrived and get fully refunded, regardless if it says 'Delivered'.

Amazon 'Dropshippers' don't care, because eBay takes the Delivered tracking very seriously. So what i know when packages get lost the Buyer is out of their money, and the Amazon 'Dropshipper' once the buyer tells them can put a refund request and get fully refunded.

Now the seller double dips, buyer gets no item and no money.

It's a great system. 🙄

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

me too kinda really sad about this. They denied money back guarantee. I'm opening a complaint with the California and Virginia Attorney Generals. I also need to file a police report before I sue Ebay for Fraud. Been using them for over 12 years. That's done. 

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Aqualine is a scam I got scammed today. Ebay does not monitor the money back guarantee. Let's find a lawyer for a class action. 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

I got scammed by Bluecare express. Never received the item for 3 weeks then the seller provides a USPS number shipped to my town. USPS provided proof that the name and address on that package were not mine!

Still had to appeal to get my money back! Nice trick, sell a $50 item, don't ship, then ship an empty box to somewhere else in my town! Probably net $40 as most people would not know that the USPS photographs the labels of all "tracked" packages! Darn Shame!

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

I've come to a conclusion. From here after I will closely check the seller's shipping tab in their ads. If it does not specifically say a real shipper (USPS, UPS or FedEx) See ya! If we all stop buying from sellers that don't clearly state "their shipper" then we can lower the chances of getting scammed by these "Amazon drop shippers"! I think we all just need to keep a hard eye on who we are buying from! Hope y'all have a safe and Happy New Year!

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

I'm waiting on an Aquiline drop shipped item! From now on, if a real shipper is not listed I won't

be buying! Take a minute and check the shipping tab. For me, "Free Standard Shipping" is now a red flag!

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I just got scammed by a so called company called aqua line almost a week ago,. I had ordered my mom a snow globe off of eBay for her birthday, having never had any real problems with eBay before,. My purchase history said item delivered,. Which it had not been, but I can't prove it wasn't delivered, so I opened a case with eBay and their supposed to check on things this week, but most likely I,LL just be out of my money, if this happens no more EBAY FOR ME, I sure hate this since I've purchased a lot from them over the years. And no I don't collect snow globes, so why would I say I didn't receive my item if I really did receive it,. What would I gain?  All I know is if I don't get my money back they'll never get the chance to scamm me again, it's so pitafull that their letting this scamm go on. I promise this is going to hurt ebay's business. But it appears like noone cares

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Same thing happened to me. They had aqualine say they delivered it to my PO Box and then when I told them I didn't receive it they sent me a different tracking number that said it was returned to sender. Ebay denied my refund and I'm out $100. Last transaction with Ebay for me... Thanks for nothing. Here's the two tracking numbers they gave me. Seems like something they should be able to figure out but its seems they don't care, makes me wonder if they're in on it. And then since the case is closed by ebay in favor of the seller they delete your negative review so they can keep doing it again and again, very rigged against the buyer.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Same thing happened to me. They had aqualine say they delivered it to my PO Box and then when I told them I didn't receive it they sent me a different tracking number that said it was returned to sender. Ebay denied my refund and I'm out $100. Last transaction with Ebay for me... Thanks for nothing. Here's the two tracking numbers they gave me. Seems like something they should be able to figure out but its seems they don't care, makes me wonder if they're in on it. And then since the case is closed by ebay in favor of the seller they delete your negative review so they can keep doing it again and again, very rigged against the buyer.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

I had a situation that some seller took my money and tried and tried to get my money back with no luck till i filed with BBB and i got my money back from EBAY. Try that, that should work!!!!

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Yes - this is a scam vulnerability that can be used by bad parties and carrier DropShipper's.

I agree; won't buy from Seller's who don't specifically say real shipper (USPS, UPS or FedEx) or from sellers that don't clearly state "their shipper".

Thanks for the post.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Hi everyone; here is a good idea I think to help Buyer's.

When posting the issue you had, list the Seller name so all can avoid reoccurring bad dealings.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply