cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting notices from usps for cost adjustments for shipping labels?

I have been getting alot of shipping label cost adjustments from usps.Some labels were created months ago.1 package weighed one pound but they are charging me for 20 pounds,this was a small plastic canister. Small box.Anyone else having issues? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@dgenm    Those are coming through eBay correct?  eBay and USPS instituted the APV system which automatically collects weight data on packages that are sent through a USPS bulk mail center.  I get adjustments every once in a while but so far they are all credits back to my account because I over paid.

What you are describing sounds more like an equipment problem at a bulk mail center whereby your packages are getting the wrong weight assigned to it by the checkweigher on the lines.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

maybe they finally figured out that there are less-than-honest sellers paying for 3 ounces and shipping well over that...

couldn't tell you how many packages i received with obvious discrepancies from what the label says the weight is and the actual weight...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I've really only had this happen once...I mailed an item that was 15 Oz and it was 15.2 so got charged for 1lb.  It happens...but i've never heard of being charge for a 20lb item, that seems weird.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@dgenm wrote:

I have been getting alot of shipping label cost adjustments from usps.Some labels were created months ago.1 package weighed one pound but they are charging me for 20 pounds,this was a small plastic canister. Small box.Anyone else having issues? 

@dgenm   This is one of the reasons I take my package to the post office and they weigh and measure my items and I get a receipt.  Of course this won't work for sellers that have a lot of packages and use scan sheets.

You should be able to dispute the charges with USPS.  When they did cost adjustments on my items a couple of times I was able to just click on the email they sent and dispute it from there.    They were trying to charge me for a label mismatch... I used a Regional A box... they wanted to charge me the full priority weight price.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

99% of all packages shipped through the USPS are scanned, measured, and weighed by computers at the processing centers. I have only had this happen to me once and was most likely at my error.  Just a warning to those that believe they can still get away with underpaying postage. @!R@!%$@#%@ computers.  🙄

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Contact information to dispute a shipping label adjustment:

Email: verifypostagehelp@usps.gov

Call: 1-844-819-5187

Message 7 of 7
latest reply