cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Else Having This International Shipping Glitch?

I have chatted with two agents and neither could figure out why two listings with the exact same shipping policy had one listing shipping basically worldwide and the other shipping only to USA and Canada.

Ships worldwide: https://www.ebay.com/itm/173115747773

Same shipping policy, but only ships USA and CAN: https://www.ebay.com/itm/176216802339

This only affects listings I have made in 2024. Listings I made in December '23 worked just fine.

Apparently this is affecting multiple people, according to the last agent I spoke with "The previous representative already sent a report that your account is one of the affected on this issue. For the response, I will not be able to provide a timeframe but we always post updates on seller center or eBay community."

So right now I am sitting on a couple hundred auctions that I won't post until I can ship them internationally.

Anyone else experiencing this? Agents can't help, tech department hasn't fixed it, no timeframe. How could this be so screwed up?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Anyone Else Having This International Shipping Glitch?

Shipping policies seem to always be glitching...and or that 2nd item shows all those countries as 'excluded'. 

Are you 'excluding' on purpose or can you change that for that 1 item as a test? 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You have a few higher priced items listed @egarchow89 . It could be that you've reached your hidden seller $$ limits for eIS.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I checked everything and I am not excluding any countries on any listings. The one that is working properly has some exclusions but I think those are from eBay's default list.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I had no idea there was an eIS $$ limit. I did have a few hundred in auctions go to international buyers a month or so ago. I remember years ago I have to get my selling limits raised, but it was an easy customer support call. Is this something I can get lifted?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Nope. We have no visibility to hidden account limits. All we can reference is some very vague text in the terms of use and the help pages that basically says eBay can apply limits at any time for any reason. They do this with a lot of site features so it's not out of the norm, but they are much more tight-lipped about eIS restrictions.

Much like other features on the site, eBay evaluates accounts behind the scenes and raises (or places) limits at their discretion. We cannot request a manual review.

Give it some time. When those pricey items you shipped last month are delivered to the buyers and about a month goes buy and buyers haven't filed claims or returns, check your listings again to see if new ones start qualifying.

This is all guesswork - eBay doesn't give us any details - what we've learned is all trial and error.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

What a lovely site. I've sold here 10 years without issue and get put on double secret probation that makes me want to hold off on listing hundreds of items that would make them and me more money. Them taking 13% of my money to put me on some cold war-era blacklist sure makes me feel like I am getting what I pay for.

At this point I think I will just go ahead and get to work on BIN items at least. What I am concerned about is if I make them now, and they ship only to USA and Canada, then if the issue gets fixed, the listings that were already USA and Canada will be stuck that way and I will have to go back and end them all and then "sell similar" to get the right shipping.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Still no progress on this. You'd think they would want to clear up an issue that means there are fewer bidders on their sellers' items.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

It could depend on your service metrics,  account status, the item itself.  etc.........

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/service-metrics-policy...

janet9988_0-1707778483714.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

That last line of your screenshot @janet9988 saying "transaction limits may apply to some accounts" is one of the policy page notes I referenced in my posts above. There are other references on other pages. The seller is eligible for eIS, but they do not see eIS on all listings. It's not a settings/preferences issue. It's not a tech error. It's an [invisible] account limit. Not sure why the original poster says "still no progress" after our discussion 5 days ago because it's working as eBay intends it to work. 🤷

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

"Give it some time. When those pricey items you shipped last month are delivered to the buyers and about a month goes buy and buyers haven't filed claims or returns, check your listings again to see if new ones start qualifying."

I wonder if what is messing this up is also that I had about $400 in auctions that the buyer from Australia requested to cancel after paying (it split a couple dozen auctions into three separate orders for him when other people's, even to Australia, combined fine). 

It was an absolute disaster. The cancellation failed because the refund could not be sent but on his end it showed the cancellation *did* happen so he couldn't request a refund. I tried to handle the refunds manually but got an error message each time and after (and I am not exaggerating) 10+ combined hours between me and him trying to explain to customer service that the system was glitching and that the buttons they wanted us to click weren't there, and the other buttons they wanted us to click resulted in error messages, he finally told eBay he was just going to do a card chargeback and they took a couple days and took care of it all.

I wonder if after all the workarounds and nonsense those orders are still pending in the system or something and it is holding up my limits.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

After a couple months of no progress on this, I checked and all the broken listings were still broken. I unenrolled from the eIS program entirely, and then re-enrolled a day later. Now everything works fine. Turns out double secret probation wasn't the problem. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply