cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always Make Buyer Get an INvoice Before Paying

Is there a way to have the eBay system always trigger an invoice before the buyer pays?  I use a commercial shipping account that is cheaper than eBay and I always ship products insured.  Due to the fact different locations have different sales tax rates I want to maintain my margin and if the buyer is reluctant to pay more due to his tax rate, it's no difference to me.  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Always Make Buyer Get an INvoice Before Paying

Yes there is.  Contact me.  It's easy, simple and meets your needs and eBay's requirements.  It appears that others don't understand what maintaining your margin means.  Bobby

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay  totals the buyer's invoice to include sales tax and automatically sends them an invoice. There's no need to send one unless you're combining shipping or the buyer has asked for a different shipping method you didn't  offer in the listing.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@quincydepot 

What does this mean? 

I want to maintain my margin and if the buyer is reluctant to pay more due to his tax rate, it's no difference to me.”

What is for sale here? 
The title is ‘Bachmann N Scale Items for Sale Sets, Track & Locos’, but the description is a list of items, seemingly to be offered outside eBay?

2D2DFBA7-1AF7-4C99-82CB-F4C303CD0981.jpeg

Invoices are generated when a buyer buys or if they are declared the winner of an auction. 
Invoices can not be created out of thin air. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I want an invoice so I can determine the price based on the sales tax rate and shipment costs.  If I don't know the tax rate and shipping location, I can't set the price to make margin.  Duh???

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I want an invoice so I can determine the price based on the sales tax rate and shipment costs.  If I don't know the tax rate and shipping location, I can't set the price to make margin.   My commercial shipping rates are better than eBay's BUT I include insurance.  eBay no longer has that option as part of their dumbing down the buying process.   eBay's solution is to ALWAYS fillet the seller instead of allowing the seller to make an informed sale.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yes there is.  Contact me.  It's easy, simple and meets your needs and eBay's requirements.  It appears that others don't understand what maintaining your margin means.  Bobby

Message 6 of 6
latest reply