cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on a Shipped, but delayed, Item that a Buyer wants Refund for.

I am a seller in PA.  I sold a coat to a buyer in California on 12th Jan.  They paid on 14th Jan and I shipped it ground advantage on 16th Jan.  The estimated delivery date was 22nd Jan.  

The buyer messaged me on 23rd Jan, letting me know that their package was stuck in transit, and they didn't know what we could do moving forward.  I messaged them back and said we need to wait at least a couple more days before I try and figure out where it is.  

On the 25th Jan, they messaged me again to say package never arrived, can we move forward for a refund.  They used the refund tool, so I chose the 'send current tracking info' option, because the package is still en route, but I was still not sure where it actually was.  I know it was in San Bernadino CA on 20th.  I let the buyer know I talked to my local PO, who informed a number of packages sent to CA that day were delayed.  

I checked tracking today for this item and it arrived in Jacksonville Florida yesterday evening!!

I have only had one other package sent to the west coast that went via Guam - the buyer in this case was very patient.

I would really appreciate any advice on what I should do next in this instance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Let your buyer know the location of the package, and if they insist on opening an INR case you answer that case by uploading the tracking number - from that eBay should advise buyer to allow time as the package is moving, so should be okay.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I recommend you stop using USPS Ground Advantage  after this  and Use  Priority mail  or  FedEx  for the lower 48 states  .    The missent   to Guam  and Florida   is just crazy .

Message 3 of 3
latest reply