cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Houston Sellers: Are Your Packages Experiencing Severe Delays or Missing?

sellers in the Houston area of Texas, are any of you experiencing significant delays or lack of updates with your recent USPS shipments? I’ve encountered numerous packages with no updates, facing delivery issues. Surprisingly, even packages within Houston are diverting to Dallas, taking two weeks to arrive. I’m dealing with daily inquiries from customers regarding package status, resulting in full refunds due to extended delays. This situation not only affects customer satisfaction and lost money but also impacts eBay performance, leading to removal from the top-rated status. Has anyone else faced similar issues? Is it possible to take legal action against USPS for such losses? 

IMG_3771.png

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Not in Houston but of course we have been seeing posts for some time concerning the Houston debacle.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Deliveries to Houston area as well. Just had to refund a small order since USPS couldn’t deliver in a reasonable amount of time

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It's not just Houston, but all of Texas.  I'm convinced the post office is sending trucks full of boxes to the Rio Grande and dumping them.

I've had big delays getting packages out of Fort Worth. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Sold jeans on 1/5 and delivered on 1/25. With the PO trying to consolidate shipping hubs to save money delays occur. In Houston the items got so large that one half of the items were transferred to the Missouri TX hub. There were no item sort counters there so everything had to be done manually. To make matters worst the PO postmaster there concentrates on electric vehicles instead of item sorters. Crazy

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

All my shipments from the 14th to 22nd of January have not been delivered and showing in Missouri City Hub with delays.  It's a mess. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I posted about it and put myself on a 30 day vacation because of it. 

Luckily, the last 3 items that I shipped have finally been delivered.

Here's my post if you are interested:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Per-my-USPS-PO-Clerk-Here-s-the-Scoop-on-the-Houston-Missouri...

I don't see anyone successfully suing the USPS. Whoever made the decision to upgrade during the holiday shipping season, and to open the Missouri City sorting facility without machines, would be fired if they were in the private sector, but they work for the government, so they'll probably get a promotion with a big fat raise.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

That is crazy of the USPS to open a Missouri city sorting  center with out the machines to scan them in!  which  increase's  the risk  of theft and lost parcels .

Message 8 of 8
latest reply