cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acceptance scan after midnight

I sold 9 items and they were mailed in a legal Priority flat rate envelope with another first class package.  The first class package was scanned as accepted yesterday 10/31.  The Priority package was scanned in as accepted at 3:10 AM today 11/1.

Obviously I was not at the PO at 3 AM.  When I called Ebay to discuss this they told me to call back when it becomes a problem for me at the next evaluation.   What?    WHAT??????  The lack of customer service is appalling.

Am I gonna take the hit for this one??       9 items      I am a small seller.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Acceptance scan after midnight

Check it in a couple days, it will straighten out.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I do hope you are right, but I'm planning on it being a problem.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It may be a problem, and as already stated, you'll have to deal with CS if and when it becomes one.

That is just the way it works now. Getting indignant is a waste of time.

Works the same way here. I dump most of my outbound in the blue box out back. Pickup driver no longer scans as in the past, but the pkgs normally get an acceptance scan around 7:30pm at the sort center. Sometimes they do not, and the scan is at a later stage after midnight. When I drop things off at the PO end counter they no longer get scanned, and see their first scan at some point later at the sort center similarly to the bb pickups.

I went to a 2 day handling time a couple of years ago when I saw the way the wind was blowing to cover the changed USPS lack of consistent scanning, and to take pressure off myself having to make a 26mile round trip everytime a $6 item sold if I wasn't at the office. (I do not and have never offered returns, so having to have a 1 day handling time to chase TRS+ for the discount isn't a thing)

In short, extend your handling time, or stand in line at the PO and get acceptance scans. Those are your only choices.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The "On time" evaluation measure can also be met by getting a delivery scan within the estimated delivery date, so the late acceptance scan won't matter if you get that.  

As noted in  the other post, it might be a good idea to switch to 2-day handling.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Okay, so all of the individual items were to be sent first class mail, so they would have had a longer delivery time, correct?  Combined, they had to go Priority Mail.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply