cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVOID SpeedPAK / Orange Connex Shipping

Just a bit of unsolicited advice on SpeedPAK

eBay’s official partnership with Orange Connex to use their SpeekPAK shipping service is the worst thing for eBay buyers and best thing that’s ever happened to AliExpress. 

I ordered several items at the same time from AliExpress and eBay. The sellers on both platforms were located in the same part of China.

I received the items I bought from AliExpress in 8-10 days from date of purchase.  It’s been 16 days, and I’m still waiting for my eBay item, with no sign I’ll get it anytime soon. 

It took 10 days for my item to leave China. Then, it sat in a NY warehouse in the US, 20 miles from me, for several days. It’s been in the US for two weeks. The latest tracking shows it is now  in Indiana for some reason and is still with a USPS partner carrier. USPS hasn’t take possession yet.

To date, There is no real indication of when I’ll actually receive my purchase.

Avoid buying anything with Orange Connex SpeedPAK shipping. ePacket is far, far more reliable and much faster. 

More dumb decisions by eBay. No wonder Amazon and Alibaba / AliExpress are so popular. 

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: AVOID SpeedPAK / Orange Connex Shipping

Yeah, really, how can the tracking information be incorrect, and still show the item as being delivered.. ???

there is a scam somewhere, most likely on the Chinese side.. 

it seems that SpeedSCAM's delivery information can be manipulated by someone in their system.

The seller is still active, but with an 85% rating, chances are, they won't be scamming any more people anytime soon..

https://www.ebay.com/usr/gaolingx120

To anyone reading this, it is paramount that you always order with a credit card, either directly or through Paypal using a CC as a backup, and stay on top of your order.. never let more than a few days after the projected delivery date before putting a claim through Ebay.. 

Message 31 of 56
latest reply

PayPal just rejected both of my claims stating the tracking information indicates the items were delivered. I’m hoping my credit card company is more helpful now.

Message 32 of 56
latest reply

This company sound like scam. For the first time I got delivery by Orangecinnex, but it is not received after nearly two months. 

Message 33 of 56
latest reply

You've probably already got your situation resolved, but I recently had Ebay resolve a similar situation in my favor. A laptop that I was returning to the seller was lost shortly after being accepted by the post office. After a couple weeks, I contacted the seller about my refund and he told me to wait on confirmation that the package was lost. From my experience that confirmation seemed highly unlikely, so I ended up contacting ebay about it. They got back to me and processed the refund the next day. It seemed to me that the money was coming from Ebay directly, rather than the seller. I imagine they have agreements with the carriers regarding insurance liability type things.

TLDR: Try contacting the seller, then ebay if necessary. They took care of my similar situation with just a couple of emails.

This was shipped domestically in the US for what its worth. People lose things in the Western hemisphere too.

Message 34 of 56
latest reply

@zabar-7790 wrote:

I recently had Ebay resolve a similar situation in my favor. A laptop that I was returning to the seller was lost shortly after being accepted by the post office.

I ended up contacting ebay about it. They got back to me and processed the refund the next day. It seemed to me that the money was coming from Ebay directly, rather than the seller.

Wondering @zabar-7790 did your seller pay for the return label? On eBay, whoever bought postage is responsible for loss, damage, or non-delivery.

Message 35 of 56
latest reply

It's hit or miss I guess. I just ordered a $20 item from Shenzhen and it arrived in Toronto at my door in just 6 days in a medium sized cardboard box full of bubble warp. Earlier this year, from February to July, I've order 8 items also from Shenzhen shipped with ChinaPost and none of them have arrived. I've already gotten a refund for all 8 items. So in my case, SpeedPAK is the best shipping service I have ever seen. 

Message 36 of 56
latest reply

In my situation there was no contacting the seller because shortly after the items were shipped they were no longer registered eBay users.
My credit card actually shows that the transactions are still in dispute. They are waiting for eBay to refute the information I provided. It’s turned into a huge hassle and I wish eBay and PayPal would have been more helpful.
Message 37 of 56
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just will not us ebay any more plenty of place to purchase same items sold on ebay at better prices and delivery made on time

Message 38 of 56
latest reply

Orange Connex was quick for me, ordered item on Sept 23rd, shipped on the 26th, arrived in the US Oct 5th, arrived at destination facility on Oct 7th, arrived at my door Oct 10th. Tracking info was updated accurately during the process. Item arrived at door via USPS. 

Message 39 of 56
latest reply

Check USPS Tracking when it says delivered it might have been delivered to a different city and state.    I had that happen to me once or twice.    One time it went to a city in North Dakota instead of Michigan.

Message 40 of 56
latest reply

Yeah no kidding. I will NEVER order anything that uses Speed Pack, Orange **bleep** again! May even dump my Ebay Account and start using Amazon Prime!

Message 41 of 56
latest reply

So many of us have had disastrous experiences with SpeedPak via OrangeConnex

via CITICPE I must ask how we eBay members - Sellers & Buyers alike can implore eBay to give their/our money to someone else for Asian/American shipping program? seriously! They need to switch to parcel carriers that sort via correct continents by postal codes, not send parcels willy nilly all across the globe in hopes eventually it lands at a nearby continent to its addressee.

OrangeConnex’s owned by Citic Private Equity Funds Management

CITICPE is a leading asset management firm that manages multiple assets, considering itself a leader in online marketing solutions. Clearly an international shipping firm that ignores postal codes (the only rational explanation for parcels going to wrong continents?) isnt a good fit for eBay. I laugh at “Speed”Pak, we all know it will be at least 4 weeks delivery time! Im actually closer to Asia by half the distance of N.American eBayers. Other companies can deliver from HongKong to me in one weeks time, so OrangeConnex? Employ people that can devise a sorting & routing system via postal codes? Nope.
Still the Big Boys, at directors meetings, holding “who do they share the wealth with” discussions, should be directed toward market specific qualifications, i.e. a shipping firm thats shipped internationally for some time. Not a funds manager that chooses to dabble in shipping. We the customers who support eBay, make it or break it, are the ones who pay the price for incompetent delivery. Imho its about getting around the political tariffs. look at all Chinas shipping and see it routed through HongKong or Taiwan before departing for anything near USA or supporters. Regardless of political mayhem, we have reliable postal services in Asia and S.Asia.
OrangeConnex is Not one of them. So how do we get messaging through to eBay?

Have a beautiful day full of life, sunshine, happiness and productivity!
Message 42 of 56
latest reply

Being located in “same part of China” isnt actually a problem. in America UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS all have locations in NYC, Chicago, LA, etc. The overall corporation eBays chosen to give its money to is the problem. Teaming up with CITICPE (parent corp. A financial systems manager btw)  is the trouble. Ive had packages routinely route to the wrong continent by OrangeConnex’s “SPEEDPAK”, 

whereas SingaporePost has “E-PAK” that reaches me in one weeks time at competitive cost. It appears as though eBay employment of Chinese speaking workers that are dedicated to offering the best services is one of many problems? then agains these are probably board room alliance decisions. 
Bottom Line- We ALL agree that OrangeConnex is a disaster for eBay! 
So I sincerely ask, How do we get through to eBay to be heard. Remember too the parcels from China since 20117 have all routed through southern ports for obvious reasons, so that limitation should go away. China doesnt want to ship through Taiwan, HongKong or VietNam, believe me!(Im dual resident). We need to change shipping to/from Asia. {Of course its average people being hurt here, but think about the hassle.I went through this before - PreNixon/China days, awful then too}

Have a beautiful day full of life, sunshine, happiness and productivity!
Message 43 of 56
latest reply

Hey thanks for the heads up. I just got an empty package and their name was on return address. I dont know what order it is now  or when I even made it  because it takes forever. So now I have to go way back. ugh.

Message 44 of 56
latest reply

orangeconnex is the worst postal service i have ever seen in my life.i dont know how Ebay allows sellers use this.and is there anyway we could have known the postal service sellers use to avoid buying from those sellers working with this so called company

Message 45 of 56
latest reply