cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay shipping fees problem on Paypal site

There is a problem with the Ebay shipping fees being deducted from a linked bank account in paypal, instead of from the Paypal balance, even tho the process is set up correctly in the shipper's account in both Ebay and Paypal. This afternoon, after contacting paypal, it was determined that there is a problem on the paypal end in the system recognizing the account users paypal balance. Paypal is working on the issue and there is no estimated time or date when this will be fixed. Just wanted you to know. Sara5179

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

I noticed it a few days ago but didn't bother calling.  I guess they will fix it....sometime....lol

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Same problem tonight for me.   I rechecked all of my settings and found no changes and it should of came out of paypal balance and not bank account.  Was worried I was the only one 

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Yes, opened Checking online and noticed this started on the 3rd of april with my account also. Will sure mess with our end of year biz book keeping.  PLEASE FIX !!!!

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Same here.

Paypal today told me they have an open ticket on the issue. No timeline for a fix.

Today's csr told me it was a problem with the ebay shipping interface.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Glad I found this post....Relieves me a little bit that I'm not the only one and that they are aware and working on this....hopefully. I literally just got off the phone with Paypal 15 minutes ago....Spent nearly 30 minutes and the end result was they have to escalate my issue and get back to me lol....You would think they'd do a better job letting all their employees know when there's issues like this....feel like I wasted another 30 minutes of my life with them!

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

I am having the same problem. After 15 years of PayPal using my paypal balance to pay eBay shipping, PayPal switched to taking the money directly out of my bank account, creating 5 unauthorized withdrawals. Ebay says this is a PayPal problem, so I called them twice. The first rep says that my account was set up incorrectly. He would not admit that PayPal made a mistake. The second rep admitted that there is as problem with PayPal, and could not give me an idea of when this would be fixed.
Message 7 of 35
latest reply

This is ridiculous. I now have 6 shipping charges coming out of my bank account that will be charged $30 overdraft fee each!!  NONE of this being my fault. I keep a minimal amount of money in my bank account and the rest of it I keep in Paypal. Nobody wants to take blame for the problem. Not sure what they plan to do to make up for it?  NOT a happy seller ATM.

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Came here to see if this was a widespread problem. Happening to me too. Not taking from my available balance. Hope it's fixed soon! 

-p*m
Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Have you considered instead withdrawing the funds to your bank account and using a credit card to pay the shipping fees? You can easily use a single free online banking account to pay off your credit cards before the due dates. If you use a card with a rewards points system that typically means a 1%, 1.5%, or 2% discount on the shipping labels via the card's reward system which you can apply to your account as a statement credit.

This also means you are using the credit card's money for free for a time while your money could be generating some interest during the payment grace period (perhaps another 1% with today's rates). As a extra bonus try getting a no annual fee credit card with an introductory signup bonus of points that you can apply as a statement balance. Some cards might only offer a $50 signup bonus while others can offer $100 to $250 for spending a given amount, such as $500, within 90 days. If your customers are paying for the shipping labels then they are obtaining the 1-2% discount for you in addition to any signup bonus.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

I am having that problem too, twice now.  It only happens with the first class parcel shipping rates and I do have enough funds in PP to cover the shipping charges.  I have paid and shipped sales through Priority Mail flat rate and all those came out of Paypal correctly, it is just with the first class parcel prices as of late.  I don't use any other types of shipping options to notice if they are affected too so hope that helps eBay track down the problem and fix it soon.  Talked to PP too about the issue this morning and let them know about which types of shipping its affecting. 

Speedy fix to eBay IT crew.  Carolb.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Nothing like making an official announcement. You know, so sellers could switch their payment method in PP before PP drafted the bank account and cost sellers multiple NSF fees.  Thanks for nothing, PP. I will be calling to collect my reimbursment of NSF fees for your stupid mistake.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

@saras5179 wrote:

There is a problem with the Ebay shipping fees being deducted from a linked bank account in paypal, instead of from the Paypal balance, even tho the process is set up correctly in the shipper's account in both Ebay and Paypal. This afternoon, after contacting paypal, it was determined that there is a problem on the paypal end in the system recognizing the account users paypal balance. Paypal is working on the issue and there is no estimated time or date when this will be fixed. Just wanted you to know. Sara5179

Thanks, They started doing that to me too, 2 days ago, very unusual activity I thought. It really puzzled me. More than enough cash in my account, and it's creepy to know that strangers are dipping into my bank account unauthorized whenever they feel like it. Checked my settings and they were the same.  I guess they are messing with many peoples accounts.  I am considering unlinking my bank account, I feel violated!

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

It just did it now yesterday for my priority shipments too.  I will have to walk down to the PO to ship them until PP gets this resolved. 😞  Carolb

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Unfortunately, it's not just First Class.  Also affected are monthly subscriptions, auto-pay from Paypal balance, and all shipping.  The only things that I have found so far that aren't affected are normal debit purchases (with paypal debit card), refunds to buyers, and SOME normal online transactions.

I now have $200+ worth of overdraft fees... Lovely.  Guess who isn't shipping anything or paying final value fees until this is fixed?!

Message 15 of 35
latest reply