cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workaround for not being able to click feedback score on forum and ebay pages.

There is the Find Member search page. You can paste the username there to find a user's feedback profile.

Feedback Forum: Find Member 

For advanced users of Chrome or Opera: You can create a custom search engine with that Find Member search page. Right click on the search box and click "create search engine."

Once you have created a custom search engine you can select text, right click and "search with" your custom search engine. That will take you directly to the feedback profile page.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I like that custom search engine recommendation -- very clever!

From the community pages, it is possible to get to a working feedback page of a poster by using the "View listings" link to get to the listings page (even if the user is not a seller). From there follow the link to the user profile by clicking on the username. From the profile you should be able to reach the feedback page.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

From the community pages, it is possible to get to a working feedback page of a poster by using the "View listings" link to get to the listings page (even if the user is not a seller). From there follow the link to the user profile by clicking on the username. From the profile you should be able to reach the feedback page.

Yes, that method works for me, as well.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You can add a similar capability to Firefox in the address bar (not the search bar) using the technique here:

https://superuser.com/questions/7327/how-to-add-a-custom-search-engine-to-firefox

Go to the eBay "find a member" page, right click on the entry field on that page, select "add a keyword for this search", provide a name for the search and select a simple, memorable keyword such as eu for eBay user.

To use that search, enter eu username in the Firefox address bar and you should be directed to that user profile.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

I like that custom search engine recommendation -- very clever!

Thanks, way easier than the way I have been doing it LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Today the "View Listings" listings link is missing from the poster's names again. That was what made me look for the alternative method in my OP.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Very Well!

Thanks!

The Best Thing To Do Now Is Stay Calm!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply