cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging posts

Hey alan@ebay  

So earlier today I noticed someone tagged my post from yesterday's weekly chat with about 8 or 9 nonsense tags that had nothing to do with it.  I think it was a newish person who simply didn't/doesn't understand how the boards work.

I sent a message into the mods and several were removed, but 3 still remain that absolutely have no relevance and I can't get them off myself.    

My post was considerate, thoughtful and direct.  It looks silly now as if the tagging was something I did, and I did not. 

Why is this allowed to happen?  And why did some get removed but not all?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Tagging posts

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Sorry about that, @lintbrush*. I've asked the moderation team to remove all of the tags, they'll be gone shortly. 

Thank you slight_smile

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Tagging posts

Thanks so much.  white_check_mark

I've seen the 'tag' option but I never really realized we could tag other people's posts.  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Tagging posts

We learn something new every day! 

Thanks for alerting me. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Tagging posts

@lintbrush* wrote:

Thanks so much.  white_check_mark

I've seen the 'tag' option but I never really realized we could tag other people's posts.  

Interesting observation, @lintbrush*. Do you get a notification when someone tags your post and does it show you who tagged it?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Tagging posts

@copper.boom

No, I didn't get a notice through the boards.  I didn't get an email either (but I have emails turned off)

I noticed it when I went back to read through some of the posts that I might've missed yesterday

I had to click on the individual tag itself to see who did it.  It only gave me limited info on the solo tag I checked.  I assume they did all of them.  When I looked at tagger's profile, I saw that they were not like us with nimble fingers and [too much] experience.  Smiley LOL

We could always experiment yanno  lol

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Tagging posts

Very interesting, Lint. I have tags turned off in my preferences because I don't feel any need to see them (same with signatures). Now I wonder if others are tagging my posts! Eh, whatever.

I think it's so odd that you can tag someone else's post though. Seems like it shouldn't be allowed.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Tagging posts

I don't have tagging turned off, but it's very rarely used on the Selling, B&B, S&R boards (where I generally haunt)

And I agree about tagging others' posts... should be verboten

Message 8 of 8
latest reply