cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popular board discussions

lol, I don't know why this aggravates me, but it does.  Almost every time I notice it, the discussions are from 6 months or longer ago.  Personally, I see no use for the "topic" as one can see on current discussions the number of posts and therefore which are the "most popular".   What good does it do to have "popular posts" from past times which may contain outdated information?   I vote to eliminate the topic......

image.png

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Just ignore the feature.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Totally agree - it's been annoying me too.  It can also lead to the resurrection of zombie threads which just get locked so why not just get rid of it?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@dhbookds wrote:

lol, I don't know why this aggravates me, but it does.  Almost every time I notice it, the discussions are from 6 months or longer ago.  Personally, I see no use for the "topic" as one can see on current discussions the number of posts and therefore which are the "most popular".   What good does it do to have "popular posts" from past times which may contain outdated information?   I vote to eliminate the topic......

image.png

Hi @dhbookds -

Thanks for sharing this. We'll look into making updates to the component so that is shows more timely content. 

When we have updates to share I'll let you know. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote: ... . We'll look into making updates to the component so that is shows more timely content. ...

Don't bother with "timely content."  Just drop it entirely.

As noted in the OP, there are easier and more relevant ways to see which posts are most popular.  And as we all know from high school, popularity isn't everything:   the longest threads are often ones that have devolved into petty disputes or convoluted arguments about minutiae.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Adblock Plus element hiding rule (should work in any adblocker)

community.ebay.com##body.ForumPage div[class*='lia-component-latest-discussion'].lia-panel-content
Message 6 of 6
latest reply